Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rangers Reboot

Not so much a script deal but an announcement all the same - Power Rangers to be rebooted by Saban and Lionsgate.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/li...ie-1201174102/

I'm really bummed about this. I hoped to do this myself someday, had a trilogy outlined and tried to pitch it a few times. A shame it won't happen now but I hope this turns out well.

Re: Power Rangers Reboot

I was 8 when it came out and was a HUGE fan of the first incarnation. Even still have some old memorabilia, haha. Not usually a fan of reboots, but always thought the property was super ripe for a kick arse one. Happy to see it finally happening!

Comment

I'm amazed that this franchise still has life in it. Haim Saban is a genius. He licensed a cheesy Japanese superhero TV show and just shot a bunch of dialog scenes with English speaking actors, and cut it all together in a barely comprehensible TV show for kids.

And now we have screenwriters on a message board being upset they couldn't turn this into a dream trilogy!

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Comment

If you dial down some (a lot) of the cheese it has the potential to be a great summer movie. Though I will be severely disappointed if Tommy isn't in it.

I hope it turns out as good as it can be. Regardless though it will make a lot money.

Comment

Working...
        X