Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Watcher

According to tracking-board.com the hot screenplay idea making the rounds is the true story of the family who had leave their New Jersey home they just bought because of all these threatening notes they've received from someone calling themselves "The Watcher".

My question is... is this story a lot more appealing to the studios because it's a true story ? What if someone had written a spec about the exact same subject... would it be as sought after or just thrown on a desk with a pile of other scripts ?

Just wondering ?

Re: The Watcher

Originally posted by CrissCross View Post
    According to tracking-board.com the hot screenplay idea making the rounds is the true story of the family who had leave their New Jersey home they just bought because of all these threatening notes they've received from someone calling themselves "The Watcher".

My question is... is this story a lot more appealing to the studios because it's a true story ? What if someone had written a spec about the exact same subject... would it be as sought after or just thrown on a desk with a pile of other scripts ?

Just wondering ?
    As of this writing, I haven't heard of anyone having the life rights/story rights to this bizarre tale. So while it's a true story, the pitches being pitched now (and there are several from what I've read) are variations of the actual story. Without the true aspect making headlines, I don't think a spec would have attracted as much attention.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Re: The Watcher

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
      As of this writing, I haven't heard of anyone having the life rights/story rights to this bizarre tale. So while it's a true story, the pitches being pitched now (and there are several from what I've read) are variations of the actual story. Without the true aspect making headlines, I don't think a spec would have attracted as much attention.
      I think with horror films the "based on true events" sticker does add to the allure. In fact at this point its basically a sub-genre of it's own, so content like this is really ripe for the picking. Blumhouse is the obvious pick to turn it into a hit with their low margins.
      Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Working...
      X