Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Pitch Deck

I'm about to take my pilot and make a pitch document/ deck to help sell it. Show my vision for the show over 3 seasons, 10 or so sample episodes. I've done reality TV pitches and we made a pitch packet that had visuals. I assume this is the best way to go instead of showing people 3-10 page document, show them a 10 to 20 page pitch document with visuals and focused sentences with pics of movie stars that will never be in your show?

https://aarondavis.com/the-tracks-tv-series-pitch-deck/

http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stran...gs_-_Bible.pdf

What have you guys and gals done with your pitch decks in the past few years? It's been a long time for me...

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    I'm about to take my pilot and make a pitch document/ deck to help sell it. Show my vision for the show over 3 seasons, 10 or so sample episodes. I've done reality TV pitches and we made a pitch packet that had visuals. I assume this is the best way to go instead of showing people 3-10 page document, show them a 10 to 20 page pitch document with visuals and focused sentences with pics of movie stars that will never be in your show?

https://aarondavis.com/the-tracks-tv-series-pitch-deck/

http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stran...gs_-_Bible.pdf

What have you guys and gals done with your pitch decks in the past few years? It's been a long time for me...
    Bonoparte!

I’m not a tech person; so on those you can just farm it out. Lots of eggheads online offering pitch deck services—brilliant at constructing compelling pitch decks. You direct… they hit-er done. Professional look. Full or partial. Very inexpensive; flexible terms. The competition has tight decks. Good luck!

Comment

These days my reps like a couple of episodes already written plus a pitch deck. These have varied in length but usually run at around 12 pages. Logline, Concept, tone, framing & architecture of show, season one overview, and a couple of pages on the main character or if more than one pov, then the two main leads -- talking about where they are when we meet them, their relationship dynamics with other characters in the show, where they were and how their journey will unfold on an emotional level through the course of season one. Never really get into much about season two at this stage, that tends to come during the pitch meet with buyers. Obviously the PD is supported by images too. I hate the ******s -- seems we're getting forced to do more and more free work these days before reps, and then producers will even run with a project.

*note* This is just my personal experience and by no means a rule of thumb.

Comment

Even though I'm in the business of selling pitches, I am totally in the dark in this. Is this something you send to prospective buyers to interest them? Something you use as a presentation during a pitch?

Comment

Here's STRANGER THINGS... http://chrome-extension://efaidnbmnn...100&chunk=true

http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/Stran...gs_-_Bible.pdf Not sure what the problem was with the previous link. weird.

this might help give you an idea of what you might try. This is a clear and concise representation of the Stranger Things series/franchise.
          Last edited by finalact4; 02-06-2022, 05:55 PM.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
            Even though I'm in the business of selling pitches, I am totally in the dark in this. Is this something you send to prospective buyers to interest them? Something you use as a presentation during a pitch?
            It's getting even worse as a lot of reps asked me for pitch deck for the feature film spec I was querying them with. Any excuse NOT to read. But at least with TV I get it as tone and etc...

I asked my producer/rep who was the one interested in my TV project after I posted this and he has been selling a lot of TV -- and they don't really use this at all. But they are also in their 50s... and I'm in my 40s... so maybe we just are too old to know what the younger kids are doing...

Comment

I still don't get when one uses it. To send before a pitch to see if they want to hear the pitch? Ive shown photos during a pitch, but you wouldn't show that stranger things one during a pitch - pages of text while you're pitching?
              Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 02-28-2024, 07:26 PM. Reason: Fixed font styling.

Comment

In my experience they tend to go out alongside the script. They’re essentially a mixture of the look book’s directors put together and a pitch doc. They’re pain in the ass too. I spend more time looking for the right images and on the layout than on the text.

I recently had to put one together simply as a take on a graphic novel that a streamer was looking for a writer on.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                  Here's STRANGER THINGS... http://chrome-extension://efaidnbmnn...100&chunk=true

this might help give you an idea of what you might try. This is a clear and concise representation of the Stranger Things series/franchise.
                  They also used a sizzle reel in the room for the pitch:

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mintclub View Post

They also used a sizzle reel in the room for the pitch:
                      I was in a writer's group in the past where everyone was working on look books/pitch decks. I wasn't really sure what the big to do was all about. I mean, if I'm unrepped and querying a manager, I'd rather they read the script and then create a pitch deck, until they signed on and felt one was needed. Shouldn't someone be interested in the project before you invest this kind of time? My old manager would never use anything like this, he'd just send the script to the executive and say, "here's the script I told you about, thanks for the read."

I'm unsure why it's necessary before hand. I get that after they read the pilot it might be helpful... but wouldn't a pitch doc of of the series accomplish the same thing?

With the sizzle reel, do you know if it was still images or existing movie clips? I saw a few a while ago. Prepandemic.
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Pitch Decks are required when they don't know you, when you're starting out. Or at a market.

Yeah, no, they're not going to ask Jeff Lowell, come on. Of course he's never heard of one.

Comment

Working...
                        X