Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it wasn’t what I hoped.

They’d already come up with the whole story. When I showed up it was on the board, all written down. They walked me through it and all I could contribute was asking questions for clarification. They were all very nice but I didn’t have a chance to show what I could do.

I guess that’s what the script is for.

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyWain View Post

They’d already come up with the whole story. When I showed up it was on the board, all written down. They walked me through it and all I could contribute was asking questions for clarification. They were all very nice but I didn’t have a chance to show what I could do.

Bummer, but I guess it makes sense that they'd have the story mapped out. Can't take a chance of the new girl killing off the main character of the show as the grand third act twist of the episode :P

You can still show what you can do though. There are a lot of ways to get from point A to point B even if you have your route already planned out for you.

Just because it's not your story doesn't mean you can't give the script that ol' BeverlyWain razzle dazzle.

Comment

I think what's most important here is that you're clearly in a position to get more opportunities.

Keep your ear to the ground and don't be shy about asking for chances, next time you run into anyone you recognise (without coming across as desperate or annoying!).

EDIT: Make it known that, where you like your job (because you don't want to undermine and risk losing it!), your dream is writing.

Comment

Originally posted by BeverlyWain View Post

It's a win, BeverlyWain, even though it wasn't all that you expected.

You were in the room-- they know who you are now. You did well. Acknowledge that and get back to writing. Write something where they undeniably need YOU to remain a part of the project. I don't know what that looks like or what that means for you... keep at it.

Much good luck. Still so happy for you.
          "Reserving rights to comment and make changes."
          Hollywood producer

Comment

Working...
          X