Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post

This was my immediate impression also, text too tiny. What I also found annoying is that when you edit or post, you get automatically log off if you take too long (inactive activity).
    Hmmm. Now that I have yet to notice at all, even with slightly longer posts. How long do you take to write a post or edit something? Are you doing this on a computer, phone or tablet? Also, at least related to this, does auto-save at least help for the moment?

In addition, when you log in, do you "ask" the site to remember you?
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I really like the new board interface. Very nice. It is good to have a "Like" feature also. The tags ... I like those, but I do not know how to create them. Is there an icon, or just what do we do?

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Glad you like. As for tags, you should be able to add tags to a post you create vs. a response. And you and only you can add those tags per the current settings. Have you tried making a post and seeing what you are offered? You don't even really have to post anything but you should see the option at least. If you don't, let me know.

The "Tag+" should show below this text box window in bold, blue letters. And you are allowed to add up to eight tags for now. Trying to slowly test & roll all this out.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Okay, I get it now. My bad. I did not realize (but I should have!) that you can only add tags to a thread that you create. You cannot do it if you are replying. I checked it out, and the Tag+ option shows up appropriately.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
            It took a little looking around but I found where I could beef up the size of basically all text, at essentially the default level for the forums. Did that help some?
            I think it's about the same as before

Comment

It definitely increased the size without a doubt. I had two tabs open -- before and after. Now I didn't double the size, for example, since that would start to look strange, I feel. Did you try increasing the viewing size a little view the browser. I use Firefox most of the time and it remembers what I set it at. Also are you viewing on a desktop, tablet or phone?
              Will
              Done Deal Pro
              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I'm on a laptop & Chrome. Just set it at 110% which is now better

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
                  I'm on a laptop & Chrome. Just set it at 110% which is now better
                  Ah, okay. Good. I don't want anyone getting eye strain or suffering. But when I went a bit higher than it's not set at, it started to sort of "break" things a little so if you and others will be okay, then great. Keep me posted, though. Thanks.
                  Will
                  Done Deal Pro
                  www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I'm getting this when I'm not logged in correctly: "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.".

Plus I still have a "Flag" on this thread alone.

Thanks
                    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                      I'm getting this when I'm not logged in correctly: "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.".

Plus I still have a "Flag" on this thread alone.

Thanks
                      Not quite following all this still, but yeah, there are certain forums or as vBulletin likes to call them now, channels, where you must be logged in first. So yes, you could see a message about not being logged in correctly at times, if you are, well, not logged in correctly.

A flag? What kind of "flag"? A warning? An icon? Not sure what you are seeing or are referring to. Please be as detailed as you can.
                      Will
                      Done Deal Pro
                      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I can't get to that log in error page now but the sentence "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page." is grammatically incorrect. That was all I was trying to point out. If I stumble on the page again I'll post it.

At the bottom of my messages I've got 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Flag' 'Like' but only on this channel, everywhere else on the site I have 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Like'.

Isn't "channel" old fashion for the internet? I mean like really really old?

Thanks.
                        TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                          I can't get to that log in error page now but the sentence "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page." is grammatically incorrect. That was all I was trying to point out. If I stumble on the page again I'll post it.

At the bottom of my messages I've got 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Flag' 'Like' but only on this channel, everywhere else on the site I have 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Like'.

Isn't "channel" old fashion for the internet? I mean like really really old?

Thanks.
                          All right. Don't think I can do much about the grammar really. I believe that's one of those more "baked-in" messages in the forum software.

Not sure about the "Flag" feature here but not elsewhere. I'll try to see what I can figure.

And you got me on the "channel" label. I think of TVs, radio or maybe walkie-talkies on set. I still think of them as forums on a board, but what do I know?
                          Will
                          Done Deal Pro
                          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

How I ended up on the login error page is simply because I timed out while logged in on pages that are protected (private).

Also, I visited vBulletin's web site forums and found that when you purchase the vBulletin software you get the source code with it. So I'm guessing that you can make changes to the software ie fix the above grammar on the error page or the person setting up the server can. A lot of the time one as access to the source code when using open software. In the case of open software access to the source code allows users to modify the program thus contribute to the open programing community. I know vBulletin isn't itself open software ie you need to purchase it, but it might have some code in it that is open source. Just guessing.

TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Yeah, I did some digging around, searched for phrases with those key words, found the text and corrected in early November, not long after you noted it. Should be all good now.
                              Will
                              Done Deal Pro
                              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X