X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
    I can't get to that log in error page now but the sentence "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page." is grammatically incorrect. That was all I was trying to point out. If I stumble on the page again I'll post it.

At the bottom of my messages I've got 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Flag' 'Like' but only on this channel, everywhere else on the site I have 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Like'.

Isn't "channel" old fashion for the internet? I mean like really really old?

Thanks.
    All right. Don't think I can do much about the grammar really. I believe that's one of those more "baked-in" messages in the forum software.

Not sure about the "Flag" feature here but not elsewhere. I'll try to see what I can figure.

And you got me on the "channel" label. I think of TVs, radio or maybe walkie-talkies on set. I still think of them as forums on a board, but what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied
    I can't get to that log in error page now but the sentence "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page." is grammatically incorrect. That was all I was trying to point out. If I stumble on the page again I'll post it.

At the bottom of my messages I've got 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Flag' 'Like' but only on this channel, everywhere else on the site I have 'Edit' 'Quote' 'Like'.

Isn't "channel" old fashion for the internet? I mean like really really old?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
    I'm getting this when I'm not logged in correctly: "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.".

Plus I still have a "Flag" on this thread alone.

Thanks
    Not quite following all this still, but yeah, there are certain forums or as vBulletin likes to call them now, channels, where you must be logged in first. So yes, you could see a message about not being logged in correctly at times, if you are, well, not logged in correctly.

A flag? What kind of "flag"? A warning? An icon? Not sure what you are seeing or are referring to. Please be as detailed as you can.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied
    I'm getting this when I'm not logged in correctly: "You may be to required to log in before you can view this page.".

Plus I still have a "Flag" on this thread alone.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
    I'm on a laptop & Chrome. Just set it at 110% which is now better
    Ah, okay. Good. I don't want anyone getting eye strain or suffering. But when I went a bit higher than it's not set at, it started to sort of "break" things a little so if you and others will be okay, then great. Keep me posted, though. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• sherbetbizarre
    replied
    I'm on a laptop & Chrome. Just set it at 110% which is now better

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    It definitely increased the size without a doubt. I had two tabs open -- before and after. Now I didn't double the size, for example, since that would start to look strange, I feel. Did you try increasing the viewing size a little view the browser. I use Firefox most of the time and it remembers what I set it at. Also are you viewing on a desktop, tablet or phone?

Leave a comment:

• sherbetbizarre
    replied
    Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
    It took a little looking around but I found where I could beef up the size of basically all text, at essentially the default level for the forums. Did that help some?
    I think it's about the same as before

Leave a comment:

• ComicBent
    replied
    Okay, I get it now. My bad. I did not realize (but I should have!) that you can only add tags to a thread that you create. You cannot do it if you are replying. I checked it out, and the Tag+ option shows up appropriately.

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Glad you like. As for tags, you should be able to add tags to a post you create vs. a response. And you and only you can add those tags per the current settings. Have you tried making a post and seeing what you are offered? You don't even really have to post anything but you should see the option at least. If you don't, let me know.

The "Tag+" should show below this text box window in bold, blue letters. And you are allowed to add up to eight tags for now. Trying to slowly test & roll all this out.

Leave a comment:

• ComicBent
    replied
    I really like the new board interface. Very nice. It is good to have a "Like" feature also. The tags ... I like those, but I do not know how to create them. Is there an icon, or just what do we do?

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeNYC View Post

This was my immediate impression also, text too tiny. What I also found annoying is that when you edit or post, you get automatically log off if you take too long (inactive activity).
    Hmmm. Now that I have yet to notice at all, even with slightly longer posts. How long do you take to write a post or edit something? Are you doing this on a computer, phone or tablet? Also, at least related to this, does auto-save at least help for the moment?

In addition, when you log in, do you "ask" the site to remember you?

Leave a comment:

• JoeNYC
    replied
    Is there any way to get the text slightly bigger
    This was my immediate impression also, text too tiny. What I also found annoying is that when you edit or post, you get automatically log off if you take too long (inactive activity).

Leave a comment:

• unshootable!
    replied
    Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post

Glad you like the update. I think we're all still trying to settle in some with the upgraded digs; I know I am.

As for the bars, they are a "reputation" thing. I know vBulletin software has had something like that for years, but I've never fully understood it. It's based on a few kind of algorithms/factors vB uses including how many posts someone has made, how long someone has been a member, how many liked posts they have, etc.

Granted, an eight-year-old could probably understand it better & more quickly than I. It might be something to turn off (somehow), but it just came with it on by default when the upgrade was done, and I've been trying to iron out a few other things first, until I had a chance to figure it out better. "Likes" on a user's post I believe play a heavy factor in it all too.
    Cool, thanks Will!

Leave a comment:

• Done Deal Pro
    replied
    Is there any way to get the text slightly bigger, barring a manual zoom on my browser?
    It took a little looking around but I found where I could beef up the size of basically all text, at essentially the default level for the forums. Did that help some? Hate to go crazy big but let me know. Don't want it to look like a children's book.

BTW, I always keep the forum on 110% zoom anyway. Just getting old, I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X