Screenwriter collaborator/partner for a political drama/mystery TV series - Paid.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriter collaborator/partner for a political drama/mystery TV series - Paid.

No longer relevant
    Last edited by MonteSilver; 01-26-2021, 10:42 PM.

You really don't want to pay someone at all. Because if you're looking for a writing partner, you're essentially saying you're going to pay them to be your partner (that is not how partnership works) and then, when or if the series gets made, they'll be paid again for creating it by the network or HBO or wherever you sell it. So, don't offer payment, or you'll get taken for a ride. You're looking for a co-writer.

In addition, most writers don't get to be a showrunner on a series when they are a new writer. So, like, Matthew Weiner who created Mad Men actually worked on the Sopranos and I believe Becker (?) as part of the writers' room for those shows, before he had the opportunity to get his own series off the ground, on which he was the showrunner. So if you did sell this TV series that you co-wrote with another writer, a network or Netflix or what have you, would more than likely put you on the writing staff -- but someone else would be running your show.

Comment

Another genius heard from. Figment, I did hire someone. A top notch person. Thank you for your great insights

Comment

Originally posted by MonteSilver View Post
        Another genius heard from. Figment, I did hire someone. A top notch person. Thank you for your great insights
        "Another genius" implies you've been here forever and have been putting up with a lot of idiots. But you joined this month and have 2 posts. I didn't see your original post, but I don't think Figment was trying to be anything but helpful. Good luck with the project.

Comment

I hope they hired a therapist.

Comment

Originally posted by MonteSilver View Post
            You sound like a child.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
            X