How Much Money Do Screenwriters REALLY Earn?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Money Do Screenwriters REALLY Earn?

Hi Everyone, this video is a little brutal for the eve of Christmas, but I can't sit on it until the New Year.

In today's film on Scriptfella, I lift the lid on the FOUR economic classes of screenwriters working in Hollywood, and break down their respective earnings.

CLICK YOU TUBE LINK https://youtu.be/iVLokmRqa48

Then as a special seasonal bonus, I come clean about my biggest financial mistake as a screenwriter, which involves a pair of Audis, and some reckless money management.

I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments, and please do ask me any questions about screenwriting money and I'll do my best to answer them.

Have a good one,

Who is SCRIPTFELLA?

I'm a veteran screenwriter, story consultant, film & TV lecturer. I've been optioned or commissioned by over 30 US and UK studios and production companies including: Universal Studios, Working Title, Bold Films, Scott Free, BBC and ITV. Recent produced credits include the award-winning motion picture Bram Fischer (2017) and the not-so-award winning Hard Target 2 (2016)...

Re: How Much Money Do Screenwriters REALLY Earn?

This video is heartbreaking, but needs to be here. Thanks.

Comment

Re: How Much Money Do Screenwriters REALLY Earn?

Thank you, Mark - I'm pleased you got some value out of my video - although I certainly don't want to demotivate anyone.

We all have to find a way to follow our passion for storytelling AND make a living. I'll be sharing more of my thoughts/experiences on this topic in 2019 so keep an eye on my channel. And if there are any topics that you want me to cover on Scriptfella - on movie money or anything else -- please message me, either here on the forums or on [email protected]

Have a good one,

Dominic

Comment

Working...
      X