X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    Re: Moving Forums to New Hosting Plan

I hate all change because I'm old.

I also want too add that I thank Mark Sommers is the funniest riter on this site and probably all of Hollywood. Better than Mazin and way funnier than Jeff Lowell.
    Thanks Bono.

I bet Will wishes he hadn't gone to dinner so early this evening.
    Last edited by Mark Somers; 10-07-2020, 11:14 PM.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post

Also how does one 'like' a message?
      You LIKE a message by clicking on the LIKE thumbs & link in the bottom right corner of a post. Do you see that? Should be along the bottom of every post for everyone.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

All I'm seeing in the bottom right corner is Edit, Quote, and Flag. And I'm seeing all of those only on this thread and for everyone's post. On other threads all I see is Quote for everyone's post and Edit for my posts.

and these guys below.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Here's what your post looks like to me, "Like" is to the right of "Quote"

http://mywebcomics.org/temp/thumbnai...t-snapshot.jpg
          Check out the entries in the Logline Throwdown thread in Writing Exercises forum

Comment

So does everybody see the LIKE button? And when posting does everyone see the ability to add tags to a post? (I think primarily the first one in a new thread.) I went back through a few "newer" threads and as a test added in some tags to see how all works and looks.
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Along with Edit, Quote, Flag I also have Like now. Although I don't like anybody.

When I posted this message I got a unapproved thing.

Comment

Yes. All messages in this forum still have to be manually approved as always. That hasn’t changed. And you see EDIT for your posts only now. Correct?

Btw, you can like the post but not the player.
                Will
                Done Deal Pro
                www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                  Yes. All messages in this forum still have to be manually approved as always. That hasn’t changed. And you see EDIT for your posts only now. Correct?

Btw, you can like the post but not the player.
                  I see Edit, Quote, Flag, and Like not only for my posts but for everyone else's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post

I see Edit, Quote, Flag, and Like not only for my posts but for everyone else's posts.
                    All should be correct now or close enough for the moment. You are seeing the Flag feature since you are a moderator in the Writing Exercise forum.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

The one thing i miss is having the number of pages in a given thread displayed on the top level view, so i can just click directly to the last page. As it's currently configured (afaict) i can only ever click to page 1 of a thread and navigate to the end from there. But otherwise, looks spiffy and new

Comment

I hear ya, Joe. Not sure what we can do about. I think they just wanted to "clean up" the look at bit. I'm still trying to get used to all this myself.

Though still not quite the same, and I'm not sure if you've noticed, once in a thread when you scroll down a page of posts, there should be a floating/sticky top nav. bar that allows you to SEARCH from as well as page or go directly to a page. Yes, it's an extra click/step, but that might be all we get with this. Though a bit different I think that should do about the same thing. Maybe at least take a look and see.

I will note one other kind of cool feature, I think. While typing a post the vB software auto-saves what you typing. Not every second but as you go. Thus, if you type something up -- and you've seen the little AUTO-SAVED message in the bottom right corner of this text box, then if you decide to hold off on the post for any reason, when you come back later, the system will offer to restore it for you if you like and keep going/typing, which I've found to be a bit handy.
                        Will
                        Done Deal Pro
                        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Hi Will, hope you're well and apologies for posting here, I still can't send PM's as I'm over my limit (I had a higher limit in the previous website but it didn't carry over).

Quick question, I'm unsure in the new website how to find old posts of mine. When I click on my profile, it only shows the last 5 posts. Advanced search doesn't seem to have a way to find threads I've started, etc. Can you advise, I'm sure I'm just missing it. Thanks!

Done Deal Pro

Comment

Various things sort of reset to default. Still discovering a few tiny things here & there. I just boosted all regular users quota by another 100 PM/DMs. That should help. Trying not to get the database too big if we can help it.

To see ALL your posts, go to your profile, click on the ABOUT "tab," scroll down the the LINKS section. Then click on FIND ALL POSTS. That will most certainly do it. I'm looking at it right now for your account. There is a 100 pages worth of posts for you, it looks like.
                            Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 01-25-2021, 12:33 PM.
                            Will
                            Done Deal Pro
                            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                              Various thins sort of reset to default. Still discovering a few tiny things here & there. I just boosted all regular users quota by another 100 PM/DMs. That should help. Trying not to get the database too big if we can help it.

To see ALL your posts, go to your profile, click on the ABOUT "tab," scroll down the the LINKS section. Then click on FIND ALL POSTS. That will most certainly do it. I'm looking at it right now for your account. There is a 100 pages worth of posts for you, it looks like.
                              Awesome, found it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X