Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Forums to New Hosting Plan

We are moving our forums to a new hosting plan, and the forums will be upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin.

But I will "need" to lock up the forums for probably a day or so, just to make sure no new users or that any posts are lost in transition/migration. Not expecting any real problems, but figure better safe than sorry.

At this point, it looks like this will most likely done next week sometime, the first week of October. We have brought in a hired gun to do a lot of this.

More to come as I know about. Will try to give all the heads up I can before locking all down to protect & save everything. Maybe mid-week as they iron out a few other little things.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-03-2020, 08:25 AM. Reason: Updated
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Re: Moving Forums to New Hosting Plan

Thank you for the heads up, Will. Hope it goes smoothly.

Comment

Very exciting, Will. I'm grateful for everything you do in our Done Deal Pro world.

Thank you.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Looking at the new forums now on a staging server. Pretty nice I gotta say.

It will take a little getting used to, but should be for the best and fun to have something much newer.

Hopefully everyone will like the latest & greatest version of vBulletin.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
          Very exciting, Will. I'm grateful for everything you do in our Done Deal Pro world.

Thank you.

Echo this; thanks Wil!

Comment

I hate all change because I'm old.
            Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-06-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

So it looks like, at least, we will be locking up the forums around/between 5pm to 6pm. The tech folks will move the entire database to the new forums and hopefully we will be up and running in a short time.

Obviously, anything is possible. Also keep in mind DNS records for where a URL points to (server) can sometimes take a little bit to update for people. Thus once we lock, just check back maybe an hour later to see if you see the new forums.
              Will
              Done Deal Pro
              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

We are backing in action as I'm sure all can see. It will surely take a few days or so for everyone to adjust some, but it's still basically the same forums, but simply a newer, more up-to-date version. The forums are now protected with an SSL certificate too. We'll keep doing little tweaks here & there over the next week or so.
                Will
                Done Deal Pro
                www.donedealpro.com

Comment

It is a lot different, but definitely better. We can finally post images and GIFs! Well done, Will!

https://i.gifer.com/origin/b3/b328e8daa5c9383660502cbda7e6b2bf_w200.gif

Comment

Yes, it is different. It's taking me time to get used to stuff a bit too. But it should be much better in the long run. And I hate to tell you, but image posts almost certainly won't last. I'm not a huge fan of those all over the forums. It's not something we'd never turned on before for a reason. Too many problems can seem to arise, unfortunately. Also, it kind of litters the threads I feel and distracts somewhat. Nice of you toast the new forums, though.
                    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-06-2020, 08:22 AM.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                      Yes, it is different. It's taking me time to get used to stuff a bit too. But it should be much better in the long run. And I hate to tell you, but image posts almost certainly won't last. I'm not a huge fan of those all over the forums. It's not something we'd ever turned on before for a reason. Too many problems can seem to arise, unfortunately. Also, it kind of litters the threads I feel and distracts somewhat. Nice of you toast the new forums, though.
                      https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0HlIw3THgr8VxS3C/giphy.gif

(Getting mine in while I can. lol)

Comment

If you are really, really good, who knows? But doubtful.

Hopefully everyone can get settled in with all the choices, options, new look & feel, etc. It will still take me a bit longer to get used to all. It's a significant jump and I've been helped by one of the guys who helped design all this. Even he notes there are lots and lots and lots of options for almost every little thing. Keeps it interesting to say the least.
                        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 10-06-2020, 07:58 PM.
                        Will
                        Done Deal Pro
                        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

The new look's pretty smooth.
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Good to hear you like it all right. There are some nice new features such as adding tags to your posts. Overall though, it should be more secure with the latest software from vB along with the SSL certificate. I'm doing my best to get use to all the new features and options. It's a lot. A whole lot. But hopefully all for the good of the community.
                            Will
                            Done Deal Pro
                            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                              If you are really, really good, who knows? But doubtful.

Hopefully everyone can get settled in with all the choices, options, new look & feel, etc. It will still take me a bit longer to get used to all. It's a significant jump and I've been helped by one of the guys who helped design all this. Even he notes there are lots and lots and lots of options for almost every little thing. Keeps it interesting to say the least.

Am I, Mark Somers, really able to edit someone else's message?
                              Hi there. That can't be right.

Also how does one 'like' a message?
                              Last edited by Mark Somers; 10-06-2020, 06:04 PM.
                              TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Working...
                              X