No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario magazine (?!)

Any hear anything about them lately?

I subscribed for two years several years ago, they disappeared soon after, and in a phone call to them in the Summer of '02 revealed that they were coming back. I was told I could have a refund or just get the new issues. I chose the new issues.

I briefly saw the latest (old) issue in area bookstores a few months after that, giving me hope that they were ready to publish a new issue... but then.... nothing.

I tried calling a few times recently but can't speak to a live person. Anyone?

Who would finance them after they've proven wholly unable to sustain a business?

Lost cause, my friend.

Comment

really good magazine while it lasted though.

a damn shame.

Comment

But the good news is...

you can get the first four years of Scenario for a measly $1600 on eBay right now. Holy cow. That's some mark up.

Comment

What a great magazine... too bad they stopped publishing it. I wish someone with some money would revive it, since it's a great learning resource for writers.

I saw that ridiculous ebay sale posted here a while ago. I can't believe that they've got the price jacked like that. Last year I got all the back issues through ebay, zshops and bookfinder and in the end I only paid about $300 for all 21 issues.

The last published issue was Vol 6. #1, featuring the scripts for Training Day, The Wild Bunch, and Boiler Room.

Comment

Working...
          X