X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E J Pennypacker
    Guest replied
    Re: Out the agency!

Just read the article this evening. And yes, a shame they didn't name names. It's like it turns into a urban myth of screenwriting. Don't send out the screenplay to unknown competitions, 'cause it just might be sent out again... Without your name on the cover...

Or... I DON'T KNOW WHAT MY SCRIPT DID LAST SUMMER

EJ

Leave a comment:

• noh1
    Guest replied
    Re: Out the agency!

Yeah, you would think they would have done something. I guess just pay attention to the gist of the story: RESEARCH those contests.

Really though, I would only stick with the bigger, better known ones anyway. Nicholl, Chester, Austion, Scriptalooza, Disney, and there may be a couple more.

The rest are either not big enough, or never will be.

Leave a comment:

• undercover writer
    Guest replied
    Out the agency!

Exactly. And yet I do understand the point of keeping identities secret. Revealing the contest = revealing the writer. And the writer probably doesn't want to be seen as a complainer or anything other than a writer. But that means this contest will continue to sucker people. Perhaps they could out the agency at least.

Undercover Writer

Leave a comment:

• noh1
    Guest replied
    You know what? I felt that same way. I guess they don't want to open themselves up to a legal thing maybe. It did kind of weaken the whole article.

Leave a comment:

• undercover writer
    Guest started a topic CS -- Writer Beware

CS -- Writer Beware

Anyone else read it this month? QUESTION: What contest was it that the mystery writer entered? If we're going to beware -- shouldn't we know the contest name. Anyone out there got the skinny?

Undercover Writer
Working...
X