Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yorker film issue

Just received it and barely leafed through it, but the October 20th issue of the New Yorker is devoted to film and screenwriting, with a long article on McKee.

Just read it cover-to-cover, and I have to say I learned something from every article. There's one on arbitration by Tad Friend that would have propelled me to a bottle of Scotch if I wasn't on call today.

Comment

I said virtually the same thing to my manager after I read it. One of his clients is mentioned, and he said the arbitration process was a real nightmare. But it's a good issue, and the Tarrantino and McKee articles were eye-openers as well.

Comment

Superb issue. Interesting article on Jaime Pressly, as well. Can't be easy trying to compete with the A-list at her level.

Comment

So, did anyone get around to reading the letters in response to the Tad Friend arbitration article?

From Richard LaGravenese, William Broyles, and Bruce Jay Friedman?

Interesting stuff.

(Looks like Broyles isn't too concerned about working for Imagine again anytime soon.)

Comment

And, interestingly, none of the writers who wrote in response to the arbitration article lives in LA.

Comment

Working...
            X