No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Screenwriting Life -- Podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...a/id1501641442

Found this when John August said he was on this podcast... and boy it's amazing. Much better than scriptnotes (which I still love) for talking about actual writing issues. John August in his episode I learned more from this podcast than I did on his own podcast which seems more focused on the business than the writing part...

Test it out with John August episode or Andrew Stanton...

Comment

Very good podcast! I can't stop listening... great advice like when they talk about notes and thinking is this note "better or just different?"

Comment

I will not stop talking about this awesome podcast! Great writing advice. Makes me want to write more! Listen people! 2 smart successful women are talking!!!!

Comment

No one has anything to say??? Come on people. Maybe I am a ghost.

Comment

Current episode about rookie mistakes is gold! Gold people!!!!

It's a lot of the things I bring up, but people have tuned me out... but it's told by pro female writers so the information they are giving out makes more sense as women are just better at being teachers and communicators and doctors and pretty much every job.

So if you won't listen to me or others -- maybe you will listen to them. Even if you do agree with me sometimes, this is still the best writing podcast I've ever heard and I'm way too excited about this. And upset that some of you writers (who need it most) are not listening to this.

They are pro writers, but still with the same self doubt that 90% of us have on this board. I like scriptnotes, but John and Craig are so confident and successful that it's like a whole different world to me for the most part. This is great advice -- better writing advice than scriptnotes -- and relatable.

Comment

Okay, okay... I'll check it out. I have some spring cleaning to do and this sounds like a good listen.

EDIT: I think I'll like this. I love John August and Craig Mazin but I've literally listened to every episode, but I would like some fresh voices in my head.

Comment

Thanks LOST! I know I'm annoying, but I'm telling you this thing is wonderful.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1385016045413359616

Just listen to Andrew Stanton (finding nemo) on this thing. Some new advice I never heard before this podcast...

Comment

Originally posted by lostfootage View Post
                  Okay, okay... I'll check it out. I have some spring cleaning to do and this sounds like a good listen.

EDIT: I think I'll like this. I love John August and Craig Mazin but I've literally listened to every episode, but I would like some fresh voices in my head.
                  At least I convinced 1 person to listen. I hope some of the people on here who refuse to comment have at least tried it out. It's great.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve been listening, it’s a good one, especially the eps you pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
                      Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve been listening, it’s a good one, especially the eps you pointed out.
                      Nice! I love it too.

Comment

I prefer these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Yq...ourageVerified
                        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X