SCRIPT SHADOW is an IDIOT. He does not understand filmmaking & production.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script shadow makes at least $1,200.00 per script maybe even 10 times that. That was years ago. His followers worship him as well as giving him money, and cars and swimming pools. Not bad for a tennis instructor turned big Hollywood executive. I don't think anything gets done in Hollywood without his say so.

Comment

There are plenty of producers who have never heard of Script Shadow.

People who rely on other people's opinions are ones who do not know, or have not developed, their own sense of taste.

There are plenty of writers, and would be writers, that make that kind of bank (and more) consulting.

It's not a right or wrong thing. SS is entitled to his opinion regardless of whether everyone agrees or no one agrees..

​​​WriterRivers, thanks for the kind words. I'm just a regular bloke.

Blockbuster tentpole action flicks don't have time for deep character development-- the pace is so fast and the set pieces take an enormous amount of time that it forces scenes to be short, concise and work one several levels at the same time. You can learn a lot about scene efficiency and economy if you examine these tentpole scenes. I think it's actually pretty ****ing dope that they can get so much store in so little time.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
        There are plenty of writers, and would be writers, that make that kind of bank (and more) consulting.
        Well fuck, I can write as poorly as Shit Shadow does. I could be making millions. Maybe billions.

Comment

"The irony is that screenwriting may be the HARDEST art form to master because it’s so darn restrictive. It forces you to work within very specific parameters, parameters that seem to actively stifle your creativity."

He's a lunatic.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, has Carson Reeves helped any other writer break in since the Disciple Program? I recall there was this one other script that was super violent with an exploding eyeball scene that he seemed to help the writer land a major agent. Oh, and I also remember some script named "Meat." Any others? [And please, don't read this as snark.I am only asking out of curiosity since I haven't been following the site that closely.] I see that the Disciple Program writer has been pretty successful.

Comment

;;

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                Just out of curiosity, has Carson Reeves helped any other writer break in since the Disciple Program?.
                A writer named (I think) Nick Morris had his script featured and a producer saw it, pursued it, and a movie called “Becky” was made from it (the original title was There Was a Little Girl). Another person got a manager when his script was featured in some amateur offerings thing. Cop Cam might have been the title?? Not sure.

I think that it sometimes just helps to have something be seen. Because you don’t know what’s going to strike the right person. For instance I don’t think Carson liked the script for Becky that much — but having it on the site still got it produced. Because tastes vary, obviously.
                Last edited by figment; 09-23-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post

A writer named (I think) Nick Morris had his script featured and a producer saw it, pursued it, and a movie called “Becky” was made from it (the original title was There Was a Little Girl). Another person got a manager when his script was featured in some amateur offerings thing. Cop Cam might have been the title?? Not sure.

I think that it sometimes just helps to have something be seen. Because you don’t know what’s going to strike the right person. For instance I don’t think Carson liked the script for Becky that much — but having it on the site still got it produced. Because tastes vary, obviously.
                  Thanks Figment. I guess it sounds like he has helped some writers get representation. I didn't know the full back story. I just know of the few instances that he publicized. The Disciple writer seems to be doing well. Don't know how Alex Felix or some of the others are doing, since I haven't kept track of them.

Comment

I'm only a little embarrassed to say that Scriptshadow is one of the only sites on the internet that I have visited a few times a week for what seems like forever. I find it to be remarkably friendly and free of drama and negativity (can't even think of another place I could say that about), and it's a good way to keep up on what's selling.

And even though I don't always agree with the opinions or methods promoted by Carson (or even that there should be methods), the sheer volume of posts and quantity of ideas expressed usually sends me off on my own thought tangents that wind up generating new ideas.

I would never pay him for a consultation, but I don't find the way he solicits them to be too frequent or too pushy. I do believe he has made real connections between writers and reps or producers, and mostly from the free contests he used to run weekly.

Comment

Whatever helps works for me. Just be skeptical at all times is my motto of every writing resource. You may get a great note from Carson and a bad note from a Hollywood producer. It's not a perfect system this creative world.

Like anything he's obviously trying to help himself first and foremost, but doesn't mean he hasn't helped writers along the way. I know one of them firsthand.

But I also know a writer who get his notes for a discount that usually cost 400 bucks and they were just as bad (or good) as my FREE ones.

Comment

Filmmakers can have varying, and contradictory opinions on any given aspect of script or film. I think SC has an audience and some writers agree with his opinions. My feeling is that opinions are not inherently right or wrong; you can agree, disagree, or be indifferent to them. Neither justification nor consensus is required.
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
                        X