Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
    I really want to check out Key West one of these days... as well as other Hemingway locations.
    Hemingway House Cuba (open to the public)

thatnot presume that includes writing itself, but does
    Last edited by Clint Hill; 09-20-2021, 05:38 AM.
    “Organizations for writers palliate the writer‘s loneliness, but I doubt if they improve his writing.“ — Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Hill View Post
      A Moveable Feast, was to stop writing at a place where your momentum was good and you knew what would happen next.

That's good advice for any writer.
      Hemingway did write some screenplays -- I think I read 3 and obviously so much of his work was made into movies. I don't know much about it, but even back then every artist wanted to be in the movies.

In fact, I hope someone writers a blacklist spec just about great novelists trying to make it in Hollywood. Be a great TV show.

Comment

To me, no writer is worth all that
        I actually like movies about writers writing... ADAPTATION being at the top of the list, but there are others.
        Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 09-23-2021, 12:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Comment

Wonder Boys -- great movie about writing.

Comment

MISERY is a good movie about being a writer.

I just changed a particular thing in a script for the occupation of a character to be a novelist. Or a wannabe novelist. I generally find the choice to be very obvious and "yeah, ok, we get it" and even pitched to agency and producer as "This is such an on-the-nose choice..." but they were like "no, this 100% makes it better thematically." And it gave us a fun twist. So not(writing is often 90% happy accidents that look purposeful, in my experience) something I would normally choose to do...until I did it.

Comment

I wrote 50% of a script called WRITING PARTNERS about me and my ex. I think about 1000 writers would love to see it and that's it. I can't finish it as I need my ex writing partner to write the rest of it. (just kidding, I'm just lazy)

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Hill View Post
                To me, no writer is worth all that
                I knew this would get reactions. Ha! And I, too, love the films Adaptation, Misery, and Wonder Boys. Can't seem to bring any others to mind, although there may be others. Oh, yes... Barton Fink. Capote. Finding Forrester. Almost Famous.

Hmm. I take back what I said.
                “Organizations for writers palliate the writer‘s loneliness, but I doubt if they improve his writing.“ — Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by clint hill View Post

i knew this would get reactions. Ha! And i, too, love the films adaptation, misery, and wonder boys. Can't seem to bring any others to mind, although there may be others. Oh, yes... barton fink. capote. finding forrester. almost famous.

Hmm. I take back what i said.
                  Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Originally posted by clint hill

Originally posted by clint hill View Post
                    i knew this would get reactions. Ha! And i, too, love the films adaptation, misery, and wonder boys. Can't seem to bring any others to mind, although there may be others. Oh, yes... barton fink. capote. finding forrester. almost famous.

Hmm. I take back what i said.

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post

Sunset Boulevard.
                    How did you or why would you change my capitalized letters to lower case letters? 🤕
                    Last edited by Clint Hill; 10-01-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X