Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Martell's Book

Bill, good news: THE SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING is a page turner. Bad news: you needed an editor! Worse news: The semi-colons need a colonectamy. Good news: Who cares!

Bad news: After THE SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING, I am anxious and depressed. GOOD NEWS: I'll keep it by my PC.

Now I know you were doing your homework while I was out in the world. I WANTED TO BE YOOOOUUUUU!!!!

-- Bob Graham

Hey Bob,
    I was thinking about getting Bill's book. I'm addicted to his website. So much good info.
    Interested to know what he covers in the book? Structure, format, writing exercises?
    Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Marta.

Comment

Hey girl.

I've read most of 'em and I highly recommend this one, even if I think I'm a better writer than Billy boy. He'd make a perfect movie critic. Without Bill's permission, I can tell you the table of contents include THE VILLAIN'S PLAN that I never thought enough about, since I was always wrapped up in the hero's.

Other stuff like HERO'S JOB, THE TWITCH (actor's emotional trigger), REVERSALS and what he calls RUGPULLS, and a bunch of BONUS TIPS along with DOS and DON'TS. Too much to rundown here, but trust me, he'll be at the top someday. Go get his book while he's still humble enough to autograph it.

It's a fun down-to-earth read, too.

Cheerios!

Comment

Bill doesn't cover format (there are eleventy-billion sources to learn that). He does do structure, but not in the sense that we've come to use the word in the post-Field era. Instead, he concentrates on making a story WORK: How to make conflicts escalate, how to create the correct character for the conflict, how to increase tension, how to introduce subplots without having them distract from the main plot...

It's the best money I've ever spent on a screenwriting book.

Comment

Thanks Bob and Nathan.
          I'll pick one up soon.
          Ciao
          Marta.

Comment

Working...
          X