Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres a Helpful Hint

If your looking to buy some expensive piece of screenwriting software or have already done so do yourself a favor and make a copy of the CD before you even install it.

My ailing CD drive just tore up my Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 CD so I have to go shell out another $200 to replace it.

GAAAA!!!!!!!

Hint

You mean if you buy software, register it and lose it, you have to pay for the whole thing all over again?

I was really worried when I downloaded commercial software online, thinking I'd be in big trouble if my disk crashed. Then I found out that my order number still exists with the seller and I can redownload it. I can't remember all the details, but it looked as if, now that I've bought it, I have access to it in perpetuity.

Did you contact Screenplay Systems? Is that the best they can do for you? At the very worst they should give you the upgrade price. Maybe they have a CD replacement price if you produce the damaged disk.

Comment

Hint

Mr. Godfree, I'm finding it hard to swallow that MM treated you like that. They've been nothing but understanding with my situation. When I loaded an upgrade of MS for windows, the CD had some kind of virus on it, which practically ate my entire hard drive. Luckily, I had everything backed-up. Anyway, I called and explained the situation to them, and they sent me an extra credit(and I still had two) without any questions, which is one of the reasons that I push MM.

You're the first person that I've ever heard of that's had problems with the company. Gee, now you've got me re-evaluating my stance! Well, not really.

Oh well...I figured you must have gotten ahold of someone who wasn't in a very nice mood or I got ahold of someone who was in a very good mood!

Comment

Re: Hint

Every day I read a post that leads me to believe I'm missing something. Did Mr Godfree indicate somewhere that he contacted the company? Was this edited out or revised and I missed it?

I was under the impression that it never occurred to Mr Godfree to contact the company to explain the problem. Frankly, it never would have occurred to me, either, since it was a hardware problem.

Are my reading skills in need of a fine-tuning?

Comment

With software, what you are in general buying is a license to use the software. That is why you hit that little I agree button agreeing to terms of a license and why you register with the company. The disk is merely the access factor in that equation and if your disk gets messed up and you've paid for a license to use the software, you contact the company so they can send you a new disk so you may exercise your right to use the software.

Comment

"Every day I read a post that leads me to believe I'm missing something. Did Mr Godfree indicate somewhere that he contacted the company? Was this edited out or revised and I missed it?"

Lol. If you want to further heighten that feeling of always being one step behind (and who wouldn't) come to this site's chat room. They're always speaking in strange dialects on seemingly irrelevant things. I know I cant keep up.

"I was under the impression that it never occurred to Mr Godfree to contact the company to explain the problem. Frankly, it never would have occurred to me, either, since it was a hardware problem."

No it sure didn't occure to me and why would it? I broke the damn CD after all why would they have an obligation to replace it?

"Are my reading skills in need of a fine-tuning?"

No. Though my post writing skills might be.

"With software, what you are in general buying is a license to use the software. That is why you hit that little I agree button agreeing to terms of a license and why you register with the company. The disk is merely the access factor in that equation and if your disk gets messed up and you've paid for a license to use the software, you contact the company so they can send you a new disk so you may exercise your right to use the software."

Well hells bells...You think they'd actually replace my CD? How about I try it out and report how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

http://www.cybernettix.vuurwerk.nl/images/behind.gif

Comment

Working...
              X