Martell's 'Secrets to Action' BlueBook on sale (Ebay)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martell's 'Secrets to Action' BlueBook on sale (Ebay)

I'm not selling it, but the rare out of print 'Secrets to Action Writing' by Bill Martell is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Secrets-of-A...QQcmdZViewItem

EJ

Re: Martell's 'Secrets to Action' BlueBook on sale (Ebay)

I'll wait until hell freezes over and Martell finishes his much promised revised version.
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Comment

Three bids and past $25 now, with just ten minutes left!

Comment

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I got lucky. Some years ago I went to one of his classes. I even got my book signed.
          Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

I've purchased most of Bill Martell's blue books including the SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING. Although he is regarded as the #1 screenwriter on action screenwriting I wouldn't call him a guru.. In the industry sense, those gurus write and publish books, and for the most, part none of these guys have written any screenplays. Bill has 19 screenwriting credits to his name and he's written countless others which have been pitched around town. So he's not a guru, he's a working screenwriter. Where else and who else as a screenwriter in this industry shares secrets like Bill does? Nobody!

Bill has a lot to say about a lot of stuff regarding screenwriting, the man is a genuis for passing on script secrets such as:

YOUR IDEA MACHINE -- How to generate great ideas and create that killer concept.

CREATING STRONG PROTAGONISTS -- Prevent passive protagonists!

SECRETS OF STORY: LIAR LIAR -- How stories work, subplots, elements, using LIAR LIAR.

SCENE SECRETS -- Learn how to tune up your scenes, link scenes, add spice to existing scenes!

WRITE A BLOCKBUSTER -- Write a big summer blockbuster! Using "Gladiator", "Planet Of The Apes" and other examples!

SECRET OF OUTLINING -- Various outline methods, examples, pacing your script, more!

STRUCTURE IN ACTION: THE MATRIX -- Learn basic script structure.

HOOK ‘EM WITH YOUR FIRST TEN PAGES -- Top tips to grab readers!

VISUAL STORYTELLING SECRETS -- How to show character without dialogue.

DESCRIPTION -- It's 50% of your screenplay... Top Tips to make sure it's pulling 50% of the weight!

DIALOGUE -- Learn the secrets of creating sparkling dialogue!

SUPPORTING CHARACTER SECRETS -- Creating memorable supporting characters.

ACT 2 SECRETS -- Get rid of the Act 2 blues with these top tips!

GRAND FINALES -- Creating great endings for your scripts.

REWRITES -- How to cut your script, rewrite to strengthen character and theme, and get your script ready for market.

TREATMENTS AND LOGLINES -- How to write a logline, treatment, synopsis, one pager, leave behind, and one paragraph synopsis!

SELLING YOUR SCRIPT -- From Query Letters to Guerilla Marketing.

PITCHING -- How to pitch your project!

WRITING INDEPENDENT FILMS CABLE MOVIES & KILLER Bs
            From Confined Cameos to Central Locations and Bran Harvesting....
            A step-by-step guide to writing Independent Films and Killer Bs from the writer of 19 films...

Secrets Of Action Screenwriting by William C. Martell

The above are all Blue Books except the Writing Independent Films and the Secrets Of Action Screenwriting, all written by Bill and available from his web site at http://www.scriptsecrets.net/products/bluebook.htm

Bill shares his secrets on writing for all aspects of screenwriting and you can do no better than acquire these small blue books at 48 pages -- $4.99 + $1 P&H)

Bill has had other committments, working as a producer on one of his movies, screenwriting, writing and preparing for new classes for March and May but I know he will come back to rewriting SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING eventually, he is aware there is a market out there waiting for this revised edition. Even though I have the first edition, I'll also purchase the revised second edition when it becomes available.

If you can't wait, buy those Blue Books, they contain a lot of useful information in them and then later, acquire the SECRETS OF ACTION SCREENWRITING when this is published.

#1 Fan, Kevan...

Comment

I'm a big fan of his 'Shakespear Moment'.

Honestly, I am.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
                Why is this book out of print?
                Because we're not worthy.

/or rather y'all ain't worthy, I've got my copy
                "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

$8 people. his book for sale again

http://cgi.ebay.com/Secrets-of-Actio...QQcmdZViewItem

EJ

Comment

I ordered a few of his Blue books -- lookin forward to them.
                    "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Just got a copy from Illiad Books in NoHo. Great stuff. Seven fifty.

If you really like it you can have the rights
                      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

I was fortunate. I apparently bought one of the last copies from Bill two or three years ago, as well as all, or almost all, of his blue books. All contain great stuff. I also bought a few of his dvds. They're a great way to constructively fill the time during a long commute.

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                          I ordered a few of his Blue books -- lookin forward to them.
                          You won't be disappointed, the stuff in those Blue Books are pure gold! Bill sure knows his stuff.. Kevan

Comment

Hey. Kevan's back.

Hi Kev. Long time no see. Where ya been?

You look different. Have you done something with your hair?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Twain Weck View Post
                              Hey. Kevan's back.

Hi Kev. Long time no see. Where ya been?

You look different. Have you done something with your hair?
                              Hi Mark Twain Weck

I've taken some time out..

Yeah, I woke up one day and found I'd turned into a Super Person with special powers.. Lol...

Been learning FrameForge 3D Studio 2.. Produced a storyboard from one of my short scripts.

People can download it from here:-

http://rapidshare.com/files/46496658...Storyboard.pdf

Its 43796 KB so its rather large...

Kev

Comment

Working...
                              X