Clear All

• Interesting discussion on Artful Writer

http://artfulwriter.com/archives/200...action_wh.html
    Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"
    Ever notice how 'monogamy' rhymes with 'monotony'?" -- Christian Troy

Re: Interesting discussion on Artful Writer

What are you trying to say?
    One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Well, for one thing, I'm hoping this will put to rest the silly notion (many DD'ers have) that pro screenwriters never argue with each other on the internet.

Edit: Actually, the notion is that they never argue with anyone -- that they're always on their "best behavior."

And that they have "better things to do than waste time fooling around on the 'net."
      Last edited by Tony R; 07-13-2007, 12:04 PM.
      Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

Here's my favourite part from that discussion, posted by Josh Olson.

"One of the great things - theoretically, at least - about a forum for professional screenwriters, is that we're all WAY past all that Sid Field ****, and yapping about three act structure, and inciting incidents. That isn't talking about writing. That's talking about typing, and the internet's crawling with sites like that. "

Nice homage to Gore Vidal's take on Kerouac in the final line.

Comment

I like a LOT of what Olson has to say in that discussion.
          Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

Sorry Tony I thought you were using the link to maybe take a stab at the admins.
            One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

No, just to show how professional screenwriters feel about an issue (or, really, a set of issues) we've faced on this board on many occasions.

And the thing is, they're pretty divided, which I thought was kind of interesting.

Also, like I said above, I wanted to show how silly the whole "pro screenwriters don't have time to waste fooling around and/or arguing about stuff on the internet; they're busy writing screenplays" notion is. It's not like they spend every waking minute plugged into their Final Draft software. They need to let their hair down on occasion, just like we do. And they like to use the 'net to do that, just like we do. And they feel passionate about certain issues and like to express that passion via the written word, just like we do.

They're just like us!

Only different.
              Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

I think everyone needs to see Josh's dream project - he wrote and directed and produced - it is *exactly* what he wanted to get on screen: INFESTED. After he told me about it again and again and yet again, I bought a copy on DVD.

A must see movie.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

That sucker just went straight to the top of my Netflix queue.
                  Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

I love how the plot keywords on imdb are "decapitation" and "ripped neck."
                    Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

Amy Jo Johnson is hot.
                      Ralphy's Fvcking Blog

"

Comment

Working...
                      X