Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriting podcasts

Just wanted to suggest listening to the recent podcast undertaking by Pilar Alessandra who runs onthepage.tv. Search Pilar in itunes or find them on her web page. I just started listening and like them a lot. Pilar and a guest or two answers screenwriting related questions from listeners. It’s so far pretty basic stuff but to me, first and foremost, very, very inspiring.
    I’m not at all affiliated with onthepage.tv, just wanted to give a heads up. Did a page search, and couldn’t find anything about it here. I will most definitely take one of her classes in the near future; she has a rewriting class that sounds interesting. Any done dealers that has taken her classes or used her script consultation? I’d appreciate any insider info. Best
    /Jimmy

Re: Screenwriting podcasts

This is excellent. Any other podcasts that you all can recommend?
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Comment

Glad you liked them. You know of Jeff Goldsmiths podcasts, right? If not, search Creative Screenwriting in itunes or go to creativescreenwritingmagazine.blogspot.com. The interview with Stephen Gaghan on Syriana is a definite recommend. Begin with that one. Then listen to Eli Roth, it's hilarious. Goldsmiths podcasts are the best. He's so articulate, well-informed and asks great questions.

On a side note: Listen to episode 19 of Pilars podcasts, it's my favorite. She has Marc Haimes (VP of Development, Dreamworks) as a guest. Really worth listening to. Best
      /Jimmy

Comment

I like The Grim Reader

the podcasts are short, but it's a good one.

Comment

Pilar's are good and she and her sidekick have fun.

Also like Sam and Jim Go To Hollywood -- which is mostly about writing TV (at least those I have listened to).

Don't know why I can't download Syd Field's audio and video podcasts from iTunes.

Comment

I recently stumbled across Pilar's podcasts and love them! I've listened to 22 of them and now I'm starting over. I've learned so much from them.

Comment

Found another podcast the other day. It's from USC (search "screenwriting- in itunes). I listened to an interview with Simon Kinberg. I'm a fan of Kinberg, he's a great public speaker. Check it out.

I also tried the Syd Field downloads but failed. Don't know why. I want to listen to them. Anyone that could download it successfully?
              Best
              /J

Comment

It's not solely a screenwriting podcast, but filmmaking in general:

Hollywood Saloon

Comment

Check out the latest podcast for Creative Screenwriting as it's a solid one (interview with Drew Goddard of "Cloverfield," "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Angel," "Alias" and "Lost").

Comment

Working...
                  X