No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Scriptwriter Newsletter

Does this still exist?

Before I came to LA, it was the only screenwriting thing out there, run by Kerry Cox. When I got to LA, it was on every newsstand - it was kind of a big deal, the only place where you could read interviews with screenwriters and articles about screenwriting, and they had a big agents issue every year. I was interviewed once on some stupid movie I'd written. When it sold to Lou Grantt, she talked me into doing a column - and that's still in my bio...

But I have no idea if it means anything, because I'm not sure the magazine still exists and that anyone remembers it.

Looked it up online, and the new owner (Lou sold it years ago) has it as a PDF magazine at $58 (yikes) but the website shows an issue dated 2006... and the website looks kind of old and out of date (one of my articles is still linked). Hard to tell if they just are displaying an old issue or if that was the last issue and the magazine has been dead for 3 years.

Anyone know if this is still out there?

- Bill
    Free Script Tips:
    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Re: Hollywood Scriptwriter Newsletter

Bill, a free yearly subscription was part of the entering incentive offered by Action on Film Festival last year, however to date I've only received two pdf. issues. I also remember when they were a paper subscription years ago. Emails to HS have remained unanswered.

Comment

Resurrect it Bill!
      If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
      Dave Barry

Comment

was that on yellow paper?
        bj

Comment

magazines.com is still offering it under their "writing" and entertainment section, but as Bill says, they don't look very current on the site
          "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Working...
          X