No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For All You Bloggers Out There

I've gotten to talk to some really cool people:

One worked on one of my favorite shows (Real World Road Rules Challenge The Ruins) he even knows who won but wouldn't tell me. I've met people who work at studios, agencies, or assistance. Ive been contacted by managers though it's not always in a good way lol! Several writers have contacted me through facebook or my email after I've reviewed their scripts to thank me, two of them were 08 Blacklisters. I just talked with a guy who works on my favorite talk show hosts show. He is sometimes on the round table, and up until tonight I had no idea that is who he was. I even got free VIP ticket offers! And the craziest of all I think, I got offered a free swim with the dolphins session if I sent someone a certain script.

Anyways I just want to know what awesome experiences and people you other bloggers have met because of your blog?

I'm positive without a doubt that if I hadn't done this blog I wouldn't have got to chat with any of these people.

So I want to say I am thankful for my blog.
    Last edited by ducky1288; 11-28-2010, 04:54 PM.
    Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Re: For All You Bloggers Out There

This is what happens when you put yourself out there in a positive way. Not only are you an easily approachable, personable sort, but your entries are filled with insight. I'm not the slightest bit surprised by the response you've gotten. Same with Carson. You two are relentless/consistent -- in the best way possible. As a result, you've built up quite an audience.

My own pitiful attempts at blogging have garnered me a fan base that consists of spambot spawn and random passersby. Then again, I'm happy being relatively anonymous. Incognito is my middle name.

I don my Clark Kent glasses with no regrets.

Comment

Re: For All You Bloggers Out There

I totally agree. I've met some really great people and had a lot of positive experiences through the blog, especially after I turned on comment monitoring.

If you're consistent in your posting and have a clear voice, a blog is a great substitute for having an industry job, but it takes a lot of work to maintain one that works. That's awesome that you have.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
      X