Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artful Writer -- More SS Fun

Interesting article from another pro writer and the comment section has more pros in there. Good stuff.

http://artfulwriter.com/?p=1018

I've never seen writers so alive. But I feel like it's classic Democrat stuff. We argue as the Republicans always come together --- studios are all in agreement (F you Writer) and Us the writers are killing ourselves.

We really should be on the same side.

Re: Artful Writer -- More SS Fun

Everyone associated with the screenwriting world has something to say about this. My cat had something to say about this. His closest link to screenwriting is me. And all I do is hang out on DD all day long.

Comment

The other thread on this topic was locked. Assume this one will be as well.

Now go post comments on the Black List scripts so that Development Execs can read this public forum and decide out which movies they want to make next...
      "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
        The other thread on this topic was locked. Assume this one will be as well.

Now go post comments on the Black List scripts so that Development Execs can read this public forum and decide out which movies they want to make next...
        I can only imagine the devastation my negative review of The Hand Job's title has wrought.

Comment

This isn't a new article.

It's the Craig Mazin one that was referenced IN the big SS debate thread a few days ago.

EDITED TO ADD:

If you are not registered at 2A, you get redirected to the front page. Thus, the Craig Mazin article is what comes up for unregistered users.
          Last edited by WritersBlock2010; 12-12-2009, 12:16 PM.
          Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Well I only read abut 55% of the posts on that thread-- when you come back an hour later and it's 30 pages longer than it was, you miss some great stuff.

If someone could make up the Cliff Notes version that would be great.

I wasn't saying I found some new shiny nugget -- just sharing for those that missed it like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
              If someone could make up the Cliff Notes version that would be great.
              A bunch of pro-writers didn't like what Scriptshadow was doing, and a bunch of other people didn't mind what he was doing. Over eighty pages later, it was determined that I was King.

That's my version and I'm sticking to it.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                A bunch of pro-writers didn't like what Scriptshadow was doing, and a bunch of other people didn't mind what he was doing. Over eighty pages later, it was determined that I was King.

That's my version and I'm sticking to it.

HH
                This is true. I was at the crowning. It was glorious. There were many spontaneous healings of the lame and infirm.

Also, the DJ rocked.
                "Only nothing is impossible."
                - Grant Morrison

Comment

I feel like we'd all accomplish much more if we discussed the subtleties of pie.

I like pecan.
                  Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I like 3.14159... with whipped cream!

Also apple, made with pippins.

- Bill
                    Free Script Tips:
                    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

there's pie?????
                      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
                        there's pie?????

http://www.baraboocandy.com/images/storefront.jpg
                        If you really like it you can have the rights
                        It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Well, much of the hubbub pointed that exact thing out, Asjah -the reviews can't really help screenwriters, no matter what version of the script they're based on.

The script links can give you a script to read, if they exist. THAT can be a help. You read a script, take from it what you can.

Comment

That's right asjah, all you have to think about is "what's in it for you".

man oh man, I can't believe I missed all of this. Obviously I'm not a big websurfer, and would never spend time cluttering up my perspective on a wannabees blog.

There's nothing carson can teach anyone about screenwriting. Let's get that straight from the start.

But what's really depressing about all of this is how the ramifications will be far reaching.

I won't be a bit surprised if working writers stop helping newbies after the attacks they've had from them.

Pros aren't the enemy. They have blogs and websites and interviews all over the place, for the express purpose of sharing their skills, and this is the thanks they get for it.

Comment

Come on wilson, let's talk about it. We can fix it.

You made a mistake. Okay? You wanna know how many mistakes I've made? PLENTY.

My son sometimes used to ask me if he was a mistake, and I'd tell him, no, he was a pleasant surprise.

But we can fix this. Pretty easily really.

wilson?

Come on. Talk to me. Because, otherwise, in the long run, it's newbies who will be hurt the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X