Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Script

I watched Tales from the Script based on a recommendation (thank you Bill). Along with Dreams on Spec, it gives such an awesome insight into this world. I had no idea screenwriters were considered to be so low on the totem pole. It doesn't really make sense, seeing as though a movie wouldn't be a movie without a script or at least a treatment.

As they all talk about how insanely difficult it is, I've become more inspired and motivated. Even when Billy Ray said (I love this), "If you can survive as people are kicking you in the head, eventually their leg will get tired... If you're still there and can pull yourself up to your feet, you get the last laugh."

All of the insights and advice given were incredibly helpful.

Like the suggestion of taking an acting class or study acting to 'learn the language' and make it more actor-friendly. I would not have thought of that on my own. It makes sense.

And what Bruce Joel Rubin said at the end, about the impact My Life made on one woman completely choked me up. He seems like an awesome guy.

Actually, all these guys seem like people I would prefer to hang out with over most people.

I've also been watching Syd Fields Screenwriting Workshop series. It's been pretty helpful with basic format. I don't know much about him, though (I'm trying to stay away from too much research).
    "It is usually expensive and lonely to be principled.---Paul Theroux

Re: Tales from the Script

I got Tales From the Script when it came out on DVD and have watched it quite a few times, so much good stuff on it.

I also found some really cool screenwriter interviews over on You Tube, just search for tricks of the trade screenwriting. A lot of good stuff there too...
    Last edited by LighterD; 03-08-2011, 11:11 PM. Reason: typo
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

Originally posted by LighterD View Post
      I got Tales From the Script when it came out on DVD and have watched it quite a few times, so much good stuff on it.

I also found some really cool screenwriter interviews over on You Tube, just search for tricks of the trade screenwriting. A lot of good stuff there too...
      Wow. Thank you, Lighter. That's a treasure chest!
      "It is usually expensive and lonely to be principled.---Paul Theroux

Comment

No problem, happy to help...
        "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.-- The Late Great Bill Hicks...

Comment

I rented this from Netflix & kinda sorry I sent it back so soon. Wanted to see it again. Thinking about buying a copy now.

Josh Friedman was funny. Liked Goldman, Billy Ray, Darabont & G Turner's Uwe Boll story.

I'm also a fan of THE DIALOGUE series, also available from Netflix. Make sure to check out a few writers from that series. My fave is Sheldon Turner.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

That's cool about The Dialogue series at Netflix, too bad it's DVD only. All I have is Netflix streaming and may have to upgrade to watch these....

Comment

Working...
            X