Jeff Goldsmith screenwriters podcast (and Pilar Alessandra)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Goldsmith screenwriters podcast (and Pilar Alessandra)

Anyone listen to this guy?

If so I think he has left his regular website/company. Does anyone know why?

Also all his old podcasts seem to be locked and unable to download now. Does anyone know anywhere on the web where we can listen to his older podcasts now.

And has Jeff Goldsmith moved on to a new podcast or something? Let me know.

(oh and does anyone know where I can listen to Pilar Alessandra for free too?????)

Re: Jeff Goldsmith screenwriters podcast (and Pilar Alessandra)

His new one is called The Q & A with Jeff Goldsmith

Pretty much the same as before... good stuff.

http://www.theqandapodcast.com/

Can iTunes still access the old ones?

Comment

Edit: Sherbetbizarre beat me to it -

Comment

You can still download/listen to all of the podcasts from his previous "Creative Screenwriting" gig at either/both links below...

http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podc....php?iid=10646

http://www.trumix.com/podcast.php?mo...=10646&page=13

Comment

Pilar is free again, as far as I know.

If you're referring to the episodes that were only for paying subscribers, that I don't know.
          Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
          Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
          Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Aa-haaa, thanks guys, just what I was looking. I googled it but still couldn't find any podcasts relating to him. How did you find out about those two websites????

Also, are you sure Pilar is free again? Why the hell did she start charging only to be free again.

So annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic_about_film View Post
              Aa-haaa, thanks guys, just what I was looking. I googled it but still couldn't find any podcasts relating to him. How did you find out about those two websites????

Also, are you sure Pilar is free again? Why the hell did she start charging only to be free again.

So annoying.
              Yes, she is free again. She was trying to cover her costs but I think it cut down on all the listeners so she went back to being free near the beginning of this year. Go to iTunes and look her up. Same for Jeff.
              Will
              Done Deal Pro
              www.donedealpro.com

Comment

I would suggest to always try YouTube first. It is growing by leaps and bounds and you're apt to find something new almost every time you visit.

If I knew Goldsmith and Pilar, I would suggest to them -- and most others who do this sort of thing -- to create their own YouTube Channel, which more and more people are doing. YouTube does a nice job with their personalized Channels and they look quite professional; it's like a video homepage with your name at the top.

Comment

What do you mean Norm?

Do you mean people should set up their own podcast or video blog? Goldsmith and Pilar are big people with lots of experience. They already have a big website.

I'm confused about what your suggesting exactly.

Comment

Goldsmith and Pilar are big people with lots of experience.
                    In what ways are they big people with lots of experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                      In what ways are they big people with lots of experience?
                      Who cares if you can talk directly to the writers right here, Ham. It's the readers --er, story analysts-- that have all the answers. heehee...

Comment

What do you mean Norm?

Do you mean people should set up their own podcast or video blog? Goldsmith and Pilar are big people with lots of experience. They already have a big website.

I'm confused about what your suggesting exactly.
                        What I meant was that if people like this wanted to, they could also create a YouTube Channel for themselves. From Lady Gaga to Christopher Hitchens to a variety of people and talents in between, a YouTube Channel is a strategic social media channel.

But even with their own website, who couldn't use an extra stage? As you might guess, sometimes we come to things indirectly. So if you are also on YouTube, new fans will find you there and drive that extra traffic to your site, and you.

Comment

Goldsmith and Pilar are big people
                          Dood...you must come from a land of midgets.

Comment

I don't know about big, but Jeff's a great interviewer. He gets some insightful stuff out of writers, and like a good talk show host, he's great on the fly.

Comment

Agreed. I used to listen to his podcasts on the way to work. Good interviews from a writer's point of view.

Comment

Working...
                              X