Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are Your Real Chances of Success?

Originally posted by jcgary View Post

THE DATABASE DOES NOT EXIST.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.
    Yes it does. It's called scriptshadow.

Comment

Originally posted by jcgary View Post
      Odo, did you actually read the thread before you posted?

THE DATABASE DOES NOT EXIST.

PERIOD.

END OF STORY.
      Sure, sweetheart. Keep your drawers on.

I'm asking Mandell to defend his claim.
      If you really like it you can have the rights
      It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

It does exist and it's not Script Shadow; it's the TRACKING BOARDS, which I believe constitute a major violation of a writer's privacy if express permission isn't given for any script to be tracked or posted on these public boards. This issue is no different from writers choosing not to upload scripts to peer-review writers' sites. Anyone can steal your premise without you knowing who has reviewed or read your script. With the tracking boards, anyone (to whom you didn't offer the script) can 'PASS' on it, hurting your options with regard to it.

If you or your agent send a script to XYZ Studio, XYZ Studio has no business sharing it with anybody without your express permission. If the industry isn't going to regulate itself with regard to privacy matters, lawsuits are in order.

Writers have rights, and it's time the industry stopped trampling upon them.
        Last edited by Scriptonian; 08-06-2011, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Let's see, if everything goes accordingly, and the world doesn't blow up, and the hook stays in the fish . . . about a week, give or take a couple days.

Roach

Comment

lol, script shadow,40 registered posters of which 38 can't write. Great community of the blind yelling at the blind.

Roach

Comment

Writers don't have rights, what they have is their work. Nobody cares about the writer until they need a script.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                battlefield earth is one of the worst movies of all time.
                That's a fact, Jack - "Winner" of the Razzie for WORST FILM OF THE DECADE (2000-2010)...

But you can't judge a script by it's movie.

I have had films that were pure torture to view, but I still use the scripts to as samples and have landed gigs from them. The script was good, the film was dreadful. So I *want* people to read that script (kind of to clear my name). Hell, there's nothing left of mine but the concept in the Seagal remake flick, and I never liked the original Showtime version that much because they screwed up my script... though now I can watch it without taking a hot poker to my eyes. But that script I used as a sample a couple of years ago for a similar Sony project.

So instead of looking at the film, let's look at the screenplay and look at what has happened to the writer's career afterwards. If you write a bomb but keep getting work, maybe it wasn't the script that was the problem.

Which kind of gets into your real chances for success: write great stuff that people pass around and talk about and want to make. Keep writing stuff like that, and keep getting projects set up or scripts sold so that you are still in the game (this requires writing new material). Write stuff with some chance of making it to the screen, because even if that is just a sample, it shows that you are on the right track and can do the assignment they want to hire you for. And if you have enough stuff out there that gets made, hopefully the new film will wash out the bad taste of that old film...

Though my career has just been one bad taste after another.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I was hoping Mandell would be more reputable. He does appear to have had a writing career at some point.

The industry wide coverage database with FICO like scores is nothing I've ever heard about. Maybe he'll come back and explain just what he meant.

On second thought, maybe jcgary should just go over to Mandell's house and kick his ass.
                  If you really like it you can have the rights
                  It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Working...
                  X