Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writer's Blogs....

What are some good writer blogs that you follow?

I'm familiar with John August which has good information from him and the comments are civilized. Anymore good blogs out there like that from professional writers?

I'd be interested in seeing any up and coming writer blogs too just to see what kind of posts they write about if any of you have one that gets traffic.

Do you feel it's a good way to develop a following?
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: Writer's Blogs....

Go Into The Story is great.
    what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

I like Bitter Script Reader, and Bill's Sex in a Submarine is great because he tells his crazy stories.

You thinking of starting one?

There are two main things to remember: Keep a consistent theme going if you can, and post often.

And yes, it can help develop relationships. I've met a ton of people through the blog and made more than a few connections. I've also been cyber followed by crazy people and cyber yelled at by a lot of trolls. You take the good, you take the bad...

I think the best thing about keeping a blog is that you get practice writing daily.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Yea I'm thinking of starting one Emily and I've seen yours and for some reason this last line in your bio always makes me chuckle "I am not the children's book author, and no I do not want to go on a date with you."

That makes since about what you say about keeping a steady theme. I notice it in John August's blog. What would you say the theme of your blog is?

@Kwinnky somebody else mentioned that one to me too.

I thought I read somewhere Cody Diablo had a blog before she started out or something that was popular?
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
          Yea I'm thinking of starting one Emily and I've seen yours and for some reason this last line in your bio always makes me chuckle "I am not the children's book author, and no I do not want to go on a date with you."

That makes since about what you say about keeping a steady theme. I notice it in John August's blog. What would you say the theme of your blog is?
          Took me a while to figure out the theme. It's just an honest account of my struggles to get noticed as a writer. The honesty thing is what identifies me, I think. I didn't realize that until someone else said it. I used to write about a variety of topics, but I'd notice certain ones got more hits on the statcounter than others so I abandoned stuff that wasn't writing related.

Also, Saturdays and Sundays get less traffic than weekdays, and mentioning celebrities tends to get extra boosts.

I've never gotten more traffic, though, than I did the day someone confused me with an actress of the same name in a minidress in some photo that went around online. I was pretty big in Russia for two weeks.

The date line was out of necessity. I was getting propositioned by crazy people. I would say I liked Jet Li and I would get an email from a guy who looks just like Jet Li so we should totally go out!

Comment

lol...hilarious. And the Children's book author comment? Is that some kind of stereotype for female teachers trying to break into Hollywood screenwriting?

Yea I figure weekdays are busier since people are at work slacking off.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

No that's because there is a childrens' book author named Emily Blake.

Comment

If I could only experience another story like the Brad Pitt Guy, my blog would be good again.

PS: You know there's a whole section here on Blogs that probably has a lot of good ones to read.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                  PS: You know there's a whole section here on Blogs that probably has a lot of good ones to read.

- Bill
                  Ha, learn something new everyday. I think I've only posted in the same sections for so long I don't even look at anything else.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post

The date line was out of necessity. I was getting propositioned by crazy people. I would say I liked Jet Li and I would get an email from a guy who looks just like Jet Li so we should totally go out!
                    And now I feel inadequate - to the best of my recollection, I've never been propositioned by one of my blog's reader's via email.

Comment

I keep getting mash notes from Jet Li...

The things he claims he can do with his foot...

- Bill
                      Free Script Tips:
                      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter Script Reader View Post
                        And now I feel inadequate - to the best of my recollection, I've never been propositioned by one of my blog's reader's via email.
                        Me neither. But I write a blog as a character for a web series, and she gets hit on all the time. So at least I am virtually desirable... fictionally.

Comment

I blog, but it's written in condensation on my bathroom mirror so I have a very limited readership.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Unidos View Post
                            I blog, but it's written in condensation on my bathroom mirror so I have a very limited readership.
                            I read it when you're in the shower and the mirror fogs up again. Then I leave comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                              I read it when you're in the shower and the mirror fogs up again. Then I leave comments.

And it still works better than disqus.

Comment

Working...
                              X