No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wachowskis (and Shia LaBeouf) Expound on H'wood's Fear of Originality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...books&ir=Books

Re: The Wachowskis (and Shia LaBeouf) Expound on H'wood's Fear of Originality

Interesting,

I agree with the idea of the article but, It's seems odd to me that the Wachowskis complain about not being able to raise funding for a film.

Especially one like Cloud Atlas, you would think between them and the main cast there would be enough money to "invest" in it.

This may not be the case, I'm wrong a lot. When I see something like this, to me, it seems like they are saying "we really think this will do well, if YOU invest in it".

Same with Kevin Smith and Red State, you read about how he couldn't get any studio funding for the film, which seems like an easy "low budget" horror film to make. This from the guy who owns a prod co and maxed out his credit cards to make Clerks.

And Shia LaBeouf is set for life (most likely), because he starred in the biggest piece of creative'less, franchise crap of resent times.

Now he has time and money to make smaller Indy films. By Indy films I mean independent, Not Indiana Jones, please god not Indiana Jones.

Nothing against people who want to make really cool, and interesting films. I'd just like to see funding for really cool interesting movies that don't cost 100 mil to make..

Comment

Working...
    X