Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood's enemy?

An attorney's article on Scriptshadow http://www.philgaryarts.com/13/post/...ods-enemy.html
    Manager Tracker: Keeping track of what scripts managers are reading in Hollywood. http://www.managertracker.com

Re: Hollywood's enemy?

Has he done something recently to spark this article?

Comment

Phil - why are you promoting your post as an "attorney's article"? While it's certainly competently written, seems your focus is more on how Scripshadow runs its comments section as opposed to bringing to light any actual legal insight into the issues that have been bandied about for the past several years.

Are you an entertainment attorney? Licensed anywhere here in the States? Just curious where your point of view is coming from.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by RobWriter View Post
        Phil - why are you promoting your post as an "attorney's article"? While it's certainly competently written, seems your focus is more on how Scripshadow runs its comments section as opposed to bringing to light any actual legal insight into the issues that have been bandied about for the past several years.

Are you an entertainment attorney? Licensed anywhere here in the States? Just curious where your point of view is coming from.

Cheers.
        Hi, Rob. While I am indeed an attorney, entertainment and otherwise, the majority of my work has long been in the creative industry, which is a good thing, as being an attorney is better than working at McDonalds, but not by much. You're right, this article is not legal-centric. I don't do these postings; my staff does. I suspect that, aside from the title, they were uncertain what to include in the description portion of the thread. The article was not meant to be ground-breaking, but instead merely addresses censorship on the part of Scriptshadow, and underscores the irony and disrespect of its actions in light of the recent WSJ article.
        Manager Tracker: Keeping track of what scripts managers are reading in Hollywood. http://www.managertracker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Gary Arts View Post
          I don't do these postings; my staff does. I suspect that, aside from the title, they were uncertain what to include in the description portion of the thread.
          This goes out for everyone actually... Your username/account is for you and only you to use. Others should not be sharing it with you, especially if you are also going to be posting and commenting under it. If you are so busy you have to have a "staff" person, assistant or colleague post something, then your service/site and "you" need separate accounts. Otherwise it's confusing.

If a contest, for example, uses one account to post updates on their contest and nothing else, then that's all right, since that's all they are doing. But mixing conservation & discussion with postings and saying oh, it's different people each time is not good. Please keep all separate since no one expects anyone to be sharing an account/username.
          Will
          Done Deal Pro
          www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Gary Arts View Post
            ...The article was not meant to be ground-breaking, but instead merely addresses censorship on the part of Scriptshadow, and underscores the irony and disrespect of its actions in light of the recent WSJ article.
            You're the lawyer, but I doubt if the word "censorship" properly applies to a big-headed blogger choosing to edit out posts he disagrees with -- on his own site. Throwing that "c" word around indiscriminately belies a lack of understanding. And gives the guy way more importance than anyone should.

Comment

Working...
            X