Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too timid or afraid to start writing?

Read this little inspirational gem by Johnny Truant: The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying **** About You (Epic series Book 1)

Available free from Amazon.

An excerpt:

The universe is very big. You are very small. In fact, you're so small and so insignificant in the big picture that you don't even register to the eye of the cosmos. The universe was here before you were born and will be here long after you're gone, and your life is but a blip on its vast, vast radar. If your life is to matter, it's not going to matter to the universe. It's up to you make your life matter in the only way you can: by doing things that make a difference to you, to those around you, and to those whose lives you touch. Time is short. You have exactly NOW to do whatever it is you're here to do, or to let the inexorable passage of hours and days and years kill your potential like fruit left to die on a vine.

The universe doesn’t hate you, but it doesn’t love you, either. You’re just an atom in its infinite workings. The universe doesn’t care if you live, die, suffer, or thrive. Whatever your life here will mean is up to you.

Stop worrying so much about what others think and start being who you're supposed to be. It's time to do some epic ****.

Re: Too timid or afraid to start writing?

My response has always been, if you're too timid or afraid to start writing, if you can't find the time to sit down to write, you are not a writer.

The only real reason to get into this industry is that you can't imagine doing anything else.

I don't 100% believe that, but it's a good way to motivate some "I'll show that, a-hole" writing.

Comment

Obviously if you're too timid or afraid to start writing you're a woman.

Comment

National Lampoon did this 42 years earlier - with music:

Deteriorata - National Lampoon Radio Dinner 1972 (on YouTube)

Here's the chorus:
        You are a fluke of the universe.
        You have no right to be here.
        And whether you can hear it or not
        - the universe is laughing behind your back.

Comment

Oh boy! Is it too late to "nuke" this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
            Time is short. You have exactly NOW to do whatever it is you're here to do, or to let the inexorable passage of hours and days and years kill your potential like fruit left to die on a vine.
            Kinda depressing but true.

Nice quote. Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
              If I am too timid or afraid to start writing I'm a woman... Then what...? Something bad happens?

So, I mean, to make this work, I have to start writing I'm a woman?

Last edited by Manchester; 07-27-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

That escalated quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by bill the scholar View Post
                  Kinda depressing but true.

Nice quote. Thanks for that.
                  I recommend reading the entire "book" (more like essay length), for more context and positive motivation. It's amazing what uttering (to yourself) these five words in the morning can do for you: "Let's do some epic ****." Try it!

Comment

There's a great quote from the TV series Angel: "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Let's do some epic ****!

Yeah, i like that.
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Should I have used a comma?

Comment

And strikingly pretty.
                          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
                          X