X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black List out

http://5e22c74089f3ead9fb3a-826e8a39..._list_rev4.pdf

An interesting mix.

I always thought the purpose was to help the scripts get made via recognition -- most if not all already have producers/financing though. (?)

Re: Black List out

I skimmed the list and noticed that Tanya Cohen at Verve and Jon Cassir at CAA are mentioned an unusual number of times. Hmmm...

Comment

Congratulations to michaelb, as his management firm reps a lion's share of this year's BL writers! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but... there's only like 3 of these scripts that I'd even bother reading the first page of based on those loglines...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Boellner View Post
          Maybe it's just me, but... there's only like 3 of these scripts that I'd even bother reading the first page of based on those loglines...
          Yeah I was caught thinking if these are the best of the unproduced...
          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I think Franklin always prefixes the list with, "The Black List is not a "best of" list but a "most liked" list."

It's hard to judge something by a logline. Some of my favorite scripts have generic loglines.

There's no science to it, it just is what it is.
            Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky1288 View Post
              I think Franklin always prefixes the list with, "The Black List is not a "best of" list but a "most liked" list."

It's hard to judge something by a logline. Some of my favorite scripts have generic loglines.

There's no science to it, it just is what it is.
              I agree with that thought, it just seems odd. In past years, I could look at the Black List and read the loglines and be impressed and pick out all my favorites that I hoped would make it through to release. This year, it just isn't there.

I'm not trying to be cynical, I guess it's just making me wonder who "voted" for these, and why.

Comment

Working...
              X