Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black List table read of Balls Out

This is great. I've never been to a table read so this is very educational.

Balls Out Table Read

Do table reads usually include sound effects? This is like an old timey radio show. Very cool.

Great job, I look forward to the next installments.

Mark
    TRIAL FORUMS

Re: black list table read of Balls Out

listened to this earlier. my only criticism would be that some one else needs to read the advertisements.

Comment

Re: Black List table read of Balls Out

Finally got around to this. It was disappointing.

Most of the jokey stuff is written into action lines to make the reader chuckle, but on film none of the f-bombs in action/description lines will be heard by audience. F-this and sh!tty-that in description/action lines isn't even all that funny, except maybe for a teenager reading curse words for the first time.. If it were filmed, nothing hits as laugh-out-loud funny. Gross out scenes are juvenile and lack comedic wit.

Might have been somewhat humorous for some readers to see an abundance of curse words in action/description lines, but as a movie, none of that stuff gets "spoken" and this script would not be a funny movie to WATCH.

I can see why their reps initially didn't want to send it out.

Comment

A passion project that is hard to produce that got them on the blacklist and got them work. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell View Post
          A passion project that is hard to produce that got them on the blacklist and got them work. Weird.
          I dunno, man, I think it makes sense to listen to some anonymous assistant who claims to know everything rather than all the experienced working pros and managers on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronaldinho View Post
            I dunno, man, I think it makes sense to listen to some anonymous assistant who claims to know everything rather than all the experienced working pros and managers on the board.
            Who are you talking about, man? You just conjured up some imaginary 'anonymous assistant'. Who's an assistant? Who's making claims about knowing everything? Your imaginary assistant with imaginary claims is not the subject of this thread.

Someone offered up an analysis/opinion to the subject matter at hand (Balls out table read). What's the big deal about that? If you want to engage in friendly debate regarding the SUBJECT AT HAND, provide some examples or analysis of your own where you agree or disagree with the post.

But conjuring up imaginary assistants who are making imaginary claims is just weird man. Everyone who consumes media is allowed to express their opinion about it. You don't have to be a pro or manager to do that. If you disagree, that's cool, we can debate the subject matter specifically.

Comment

It's a reference to another thread. I'm pretty sure Jeff's comment is, too.

My apologies if it felt like I was attacking somebody in this thread.

Comment

Ha ha! Comedy gold. Both the Balls Out script, AND the above misunderstanding.

Comment

Working...
                X