X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Somers
    replied
    Re: Darn you, Tom Hanks!

Ah... sure my management team. We're having tea right now. Buffy was bad though, and Hilde started to spank her, but her arm fell off.

Anyways. We're going to need mech suits too. Most people don't know that the Wright brothers invented mech suits.

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

I can see why your management team likes you so much.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied

I, just realized a mcguffin Tesseract is going to be needed. Why, actually, I don't really know.

It'll be spherical in shape instead of cubical, and it'll be orange with a dimpled skin. I'm going to call it "Orange", not Tesseract, so people won't think I'm copying any other movie things.

Also instead of Buffy and Hilde, I'll change their names to Hilde and Buffy. That should do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

Okay, Mark, it's all yours - but I'll expect a "Special Thanks To" in the credits as.they roll over the outtakes!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied

I got it!

"Orville and Wilbur: Alien hunters"

I might steal your Buffy and Hilde idea and make them alien shape-shifters sent to spy on the two brothers. One of the brothers falls in love with one of the shape-shifting women.

A comedy.

It will have lots of explosions.

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
    Just tell the real story now... The brothers just barely won the fight, and the leader of the aliens, Grupoo swore vengeance on the Earthians. So now a clone army of genetically enhanced Orvilles and Wilburs stand guard over humanity from their bases on the Moon, and Antarctica.
    LOL!!! That would explain why my research found the aliens were developing armies of talking horse clones to keep the clone Wilburs distracted... (too obscure?)

Speaking of obscure...

Following the CAA debacle, I have decided to rewrite the script:

In the early 1900s, two young women (Buffy and Hilde) dress up as males and take jobs in a machine shop to be near the men they secretly adore. The men have no idea that their new shopmates are actually women. Hijinks ensue (and the airplane is accidentally invented when the girls try to manufacture the world's largest blow dryer).

I 'm thinking of pitching it to Peter Scolari (award winning actor who has also created some great iconic characters of his own)... "You'd be a great Hildebur! As to Buffyville, didn't you use to work with a guy named Tom Something...?"

Leave a comment:

• Mark Somers
    replied

Just tell the real story now, Dan. The truth about how one night while the brothers were doing their dates under the stars they found an ancient alien crash site. They studied the artifacts found, and reversed engineered the "Flyer". They also invented T.V., fiber optics, and toothbrushes. The aliens found out and there ensued a great war fought on the far side of the Moon. The brothers just barely won the fight, and the leader of the aliens, Grupoo swore vengeance on the Earthians. So now a clone army of genetically enhanced Orvilles and Wilburs stand guard over humanity from their bases on the Moon, and Antarctica.
    Last edited by Mark Somers; 07-29-2015, 06:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

Well, I just got chastised by someone from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio (which is named for the Wright Brothers) defending Tom Hanks...
    Take on The World's Most Beloved Celebrity at your own risk! LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    replied

On the plus side, there are several brave and inspiring real-life characters who, through no fault of their own exploits, had to be written out due to feature length considerations. I am hopeful they will get their just dues in miniseries format.

Leave a comment:

• Margie Kaptanoglu
    replied

Sorry about the unfortunate timing, Dan. I hope you find a way to make it work for you. It wouldn't be the first time that 2 films, or a film and a TV show, came out at the same time, about the same subject. And it's not always the one with the bigger pedigree that's better!

Leave a comment:

• DangoForth
    started a topic Darn you, Tom Hanks!

Darn you, Tom Hanks!

http://www.scriptmag.com/features/sh...darn-tom-hanks
Working...
X