Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script Soup

I've had this little blog website siting around, dormant, for years. Good intentions and all, but that was it. In an effort to jump-start my organizing, I've created my first real entry. Working on putting out some helpful links next. Would appreciate any feedback on the design. Keep in mind - It's still a work in progress...

http://dangoforth.blogspot.com/2015/...-walk.html?m=1

Re: Script Soup

Gonna try this again. That was for the particular post. What I wanted was feedback on the feel of the whole site:

http://dangoforth.blogspot.com/

(Maybe I should get my kids to be doing this for me. Would probably look better...)

Comment

My day job is a web developer for film promotions so believe me when I say lose the image background. The images are disjointed, and not cohesive. They distract from the text. And some of it is just hard to read.

Simplicity is far over rated.

Also the Archive section is super big, the actual text column is super scrunched.

Comment

Appreciate it! Visual design is not my strong point, so I'm trying to utilize the existing templates. Gonna dork with it some more this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
          Appreciate it! Visual design is not my strong point, so I'm trying to utilize the existing templates. Gonna dork with it some more this weekend.
          I agree to a degree with the other comment, since your background image is static, you could just make it so the center is white, and does not interrupt the text/blog area. The transparent portion does conflict with the lettering when the image shines through, but otherwise I don't think it's that bad, looks cool to me if that bit is fixed.
          "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
          SUBTITLED
          Episode 1 (Beef pills)
          Episode 2 (African commercial)
          Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

Thanks. Adding it to my list.

Comment

I think I'm getting closer. More tinkering to come...

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                I think I'm getting closer. More tinkering to come...
                I like that much better... Still not a fan of that background in this case I'd go solid color or even with what you had before (I thought it was cool just did not like the transparency) but, I probably would not even notice had you not asked for opinions. But that's much easier to navigate, good stuff.
                "We're going to be rich!" - 1/2 hr COMEDY written/directed/edited by me, I also act in it.
                SUBTITLED
                Episode 1 (Beef pills)
                Episode 2 (African commercial)
                Episode 3 (Brenda's rescue)

Comment

I liked the original background because it highlighted 3 of my assignments (the 4th "poster" was for a spec of mine - had to round it out). But it definitely made the site too busy, so I'm trying to figure out new ways to spotlight them.

Comment

Image backgrounds can be very tricky. My problem with it was varying sizes, some of the tiles didn't line up right. They were varying resolutions. It looked kinda sloppy.

I hate the left alignment. I'd center it. Also make the background texture tile, as it now cuts off and is just a bland gray.

Comment

I definitely like the revised version, but would suggest centering it - possibly making the text field a little wider.

You might want to also consider a slightly bigger name-of-blog banner at the top, and include some you-centric links (About, Scripts/My Work, Contact, etc)

Looking forward to seeing how it develops!
                      http://maximumz.wordpress.com

Comment

It's still a work in progress. Just gotta find some more time and HTML guidance.
                        Meanwhile, if anyone's reading it, I've put a couple of spec scripts posts in during the past month. Was wondering whether they feel out of place, or too self-aggrandizing (sorta like this thread).

http://dangoforth.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X