No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finalact4
    replied
    Re: William Goldman, Writer Behind 'Butch Cassidy,' 'Princess Bride,' Dies At 87

this is very sad news. i really enjoyed his books, interviews, wisdom and movies.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Nemo
    replied
    Re: William Goldman, Writer Behind 'Butch Cassidy,' 'Princess Bride,' Dies At 87

Somewhat surprised by lack of comment re Goldman on a site like this. I imagine Tony Gilroy, who knew him well from childhood, will weigh in with a memorial at some point. Regardless, below a link to a piece by Aaron Sorkin, who was a student and friend of the legendary screenwriter. (Strangely, only one photo appears to be behind the paywal).

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...120-story.html

Leave a comment:

• Joaneasley
    replied

Sorry to hear this. Enjoyed his books, his movies and hearing him speak many times at screenwriter forums. He will be missed.

Leave a comment:

• William Goldman, Writer Behind 'Butch Cassidy,' 'Princess Bride,' Dies At 87

William Goldman, Writer Behind 'Butch Cassidy,' 'Princess Bride,' Dies At 87

Books I've read by William Goldman include Adventures in the Screen Trade, Which Lie Did I Tell?: More Adventures in the Screen Trade, and The Big Picture: Who Killed Hollywood? and Other Essays. All of them are great reads and at once entertaining and informative. His movies? Crafted to the perfect pitch each for their genre. His voice will be missed.
    Last edited by TigerFang; 11-21-2018, 04:55 PM.
Working...
X