Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Hollywood Ever Option Crichton's Novel "State of F

I doubt it. The novel "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton (Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park II, The Andromeda Strain, Disclosure, Sphere, Rising Sun, Timeline and other novels made into movies) which says that fears of global warming are unjustified and stoked by ecofrauds who perpetuate deadly game of an environmentalist-media conspiracy is taking Washington, D.C. by "storm".

Today (Friday 1/28) Crichton hit the Washington circuit by speaking to the neo-conservative American Enterprise Institute, the bi-partisan National Press Club. Climatologists are split over the contents of the book. Senate Environmental and Publics Works Committee Chairman James Inhofe, R-OK, called the novel, "the real story" of climate change. Although it's a book full of rich characters, mystery, and action, Crichton has gone one step further by providing recently documented, detailed data and charts (printed in the novel) accompanied by an extensive appendix and footnote bibliography proving that global warming is a myth protracted by special interest groups, lawyers, and alarmists such as the Sierra Club and those politicians pushing the Kyoto Treaty.

Crichton hedges his bets by writing in the appendix: "Nobody knows how much of the present warming trend might be a natural phenomenon. Nobody knows how much of the present warming trend might be man-made. Nobody knows how much warming will occur in the next century. But, everybody has an agenda [on this subject]. Except me."

My favorite Crichton book-to-film is Jurassic Park (and the sequels). The State of Fear novel is an interesting read and could make a very good movie if adapted correctly. But, this is never going to happen. At least not in Hollywood, that is. The movie industry does have an agenda(s). And that's a shame.

Re: Will Hollywood Ever Option Crichton's Novel "State

And Authorized doesn't have an agenda. :\

Comment

Crichton is adored in Hollywood, not just by producers, and directors, but by most of the writers too (see Dunne's book "Monster" for a neat substory involving Crichton).

This movie will be optioned, if it hasn't already been. And it'll be made.

And you should probably cite your source. Once again it looks like you cut and pasted, because there's big words in that article you don't know how to use.

Comment

The real question is will anyone ever option the crappy nanobot book Prey.

It's going to take a few years to get the stink that was Timeline off of Crichton's resume. (I wonder if Donner will ever direct again?)

Fortunately, all the good old Crichton is about due for remakes. That will get him through.

Westworld is still his best.

And Authorized, please tell me who you're picking for the Super Bowl so I can bet the other way.

p.s. and stop projecting....its embarrasing already

Comment

I'm sure that the rights were optioned as soon as he turned in the first draft of the manuscript. These days, book scouts are getting galley proofs to buy. They're not even waiting for publication.

Whether we ever see the movie or not is a totally different story.

Comment

Working...
          X