No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news re: Nicholl finalists?

Hi Greg et al.:
    Not to pester, but... might the word descend from on high this week?

Re: Any news re: Nicholl finalists?

If only I could write suspense like this in my scripts.

Comment

Post of the Month award goes to blahg

Comment

Wow. I think i may stare at a pot of water and wait for it to boil. Either no one has heard yet, or everyone has heard and they're great at keeping a secret.

Comment

No one has heard, as we do not yet have finalists.

Over the years, though, the finalists have been pretty good at keeping a secret, at least for a few days.

Sorry that early has become mid-October.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Greg.

Comment

Thanks for the update Greg.
              Does your remark that the finalists are usually pretty good about keeping it quiet for a few days an indication that maybe, just maybe, the finalists have been notified and the letters to "the also ran" have not been mailed? Or, are we to take your word for it than no one has heard, not even the finalists?
              Sorry to be a bother, but can you please clarify so that I can relax a bit on my birthday.
              I must admit it's darn painful sitting on pins and needles as I wait!
              Thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry you could not take me at my word the first time, but it is a new day and things could have changed. They have not. Finalists have not been notified.

Comment

Thank you so much for keeping us posted, Greg. It's very helpful.

Comment

Greg,
                    Thanks for replying so quickly. This is the best news before the real news -- that no one has been notified means that I'm still alive! BTW, I do take you at your word but at this stage I read through every line and take nothing at face value. I know you are doing your very best, and I appreciate all you do to make this process fair. Now I can truly celebrate my birthday without having this nagging question all weekend. I'm hoping that this will all be over by next weekend.
                    Cheers.

Comment

Damn, got my ding letter today from Nicholls today. Good luck to everyone else!

Comment

Well, at least you got the Post of the Month award.

Congrats on making it to semis. That's no small feat.

And now I must go back to lurking in the bushes by my mailbox.

Mol

Comment

wow, blahg... you seem to be the only person of the 123 to have received a letter so far. do you live next door to the academy? sorry about your bad news though congrats on making the semis.

if the regrets have started arriving, i have this sinking feeling that all of the finalists have been called by now, and are holding their tongues. from my understanding, regrets go out on friday, finalists are called over the weekend and are asked to keep their good news under wraps until Variety publishes the list the following week. i could be wrong about some of this though.

Comment

Ugh! More limbo.

Goinbatty, if your hypothesis is correct, it really sucks for us out-of-towners who must wait that much longer for the USPS to deliver the bad news.

Does anyone know...

There are ten finalists, right? But is there also a top 30 list? (You know, "No, you weren't a finalist, but you were in the top..." blah blah blah, whatever it might be.)

Just curious (and ready to get some closure).

Comment

no, i don't believe there is any sort of official top 30 "list," although greg sometimes jots on your regret letter that you were in the top 30 or such. in other words, he offers words of encouragement that you came very close.

again, i am just relating stuff to the best of my knowledge gleaned from speaking to former fellows and finalists. greg could explain better, but i imagine he will want to keep a low profile for the time being, until the nicholl press announcement comes out.

Comment

Working...
                              X