No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expo Semifinalists

From the website...

"In an ideal world, finalists and semifinalists would be notified three weeks before the Expo but it might be as late as two weeks prior."

So three weeks prior would be October 21st -- this Friday. Two weeks prior would be October 28th -- next Friday.

If anyone receives notification, please be sure to post here! (Can you tell how anxious I am about this one?)

****edited to fix my stupidity
    Last edited by jbwaz3; 10-18-2005, 08:54 AM.

Re: Expo Semifinalists

you got it, but it's backwards...

two weeks prior would be around the 28th, three weeks prior, the 21st!

good luck!

Comment

Thanks, toakel! I fixed my post.

Comment

I have 40 scripts to read plus the judges have to read about a dozen each. Most calls will be early- to mid-next-week.

Jim Mercurio

Comment

Phew. For a second I thought you were announcing them today!

I'm not having a good day. This would not have been a good day for me to hear news of any kind.

You just take your time.
          "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Thanks for the update, Jim!

Willoughby, PM me the name of your script so I can look for the name in the Semis list.

Comment

Originally posted by jbwaz3
              Thanks for the update, Jim!

Willoughby, PM me the name of your script so I can look for the name in the Semis list.
              Trust me when I say if I make it you'll hear about it!

/I don't believe in jinxes
              //but sometimes they believe in me
              "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Hey Everyone,

All the finalists except the WBC and DB Pro winner will be contacted by the weekend. I should have the top 20 up by Monday.

Jim Mercurio

Comment

Originally posted by Expo Competition
                  All the finalists except the WBC and DB Pro winner will be contacted by the weekend. I should have the top 20 up by Monday.
                  You know, everytime I see this thread has been updated, especially if it's by Jim, my heart stops for a second.

How y'all doing?

Comment

Has anyone gotten a call yet?

I just need to know that the calls have been made, it's over, I'm out, and I can untie this knot in my belly!

Comment

Nothing here, but the odds aren't so good so I'm trying to maintain perspective.

Also, I don't think the semi-finalists will know until tomorrow when they post the list -- I thought it was only the finalists who get the call.
                      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Has anyone gotten a call yet?

I just need to know that the calls have been made, it's over, I'm out, and I can untie this knot in my belly!
                        I haven't, but I was shooting for DB Pro so my execution isn't until tomorrow.

Comment

DB Pro has narrowed it down to four screenplays.

I will try to post top 18 (allowing a spot or three for Writers Boot Camp and DB Pro winners) tomorrow.

Jim

Comment

So have all of the finalist calls (with the DB Pro and WBC exceptions) gone out?

Comment

So have all of the finalist calls (with the DB Pro and WBC exceptions) gone out?
                              Writers Boot Camp is a great prize and so is DB Pro.

Stick with me, jbwaz3, just hold on a bit longer.

(Dang, and here I was all psyched to be hearing the news on Halloween.)

Comment

Working...
                              X