Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Writers in Residence Program

Does anyone have any experience with or thoughts on Disney's Writers in Residence Program? (note: NOT the fellowship program.) I'd be curious to know how the program is viewed within the industry.

Re: Disney Writers in Residence Program

I think there was a segment on KCRW's "The Business" about a woman who was in this program. It was on about a year ago. Sounded respectable. And I remember The Haunted Mansion was a product of the program.

Comment

Bumping - any further info about this? I couldn't find the segment on The Business, but would love to listen. Thanks!

Comment

Pilar Alessandra at On The Page just had a podcast with Frank Bennett Gonzalez, the program director for the Disney ABC Writing Program (http://onthepage.tv/archive/2010/06/). It was Episode 144, June 11, 2010. If you're going to send in a sample, I believe you only have a couple days left.

Comment

Thanks, but like the OP, I meant the writers-in-residence program, not the fellowship.

Comment

yeah, I noticed that after I replied!

Comment

Originally posted by UAN View Post
              Pilar Alessandra at On The Page just had a podcast with Frank Bennett Gonzalez, the program director for the Disney ABC Writing Program (http://onthepage.tv/archive/2010/06/). It was Episode 144, June 11, 2010. If you're going to send in a sample, I believe you only have a couple days left.
              Thanks for posting. It was interesting and I didn't know about that website.

Comment

My understanding of the program is an agent or someone in the industry with connections has to recommend you for the program. I recall reading an interview with the guy who wrote ELF and he mentioned that his agent got him into it - which is how he came to write The Haunted Mansion.

It seems like a great, but tough gig to get.

Comment

Working...
                X