Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Draft Big Break... Wow are they taking forever

Supposed to announce the quarterfinalists at end of September. Pushed it to October. It's now 11-06-20 and still haven't. Just venting but someone doesn't have their act together.

Yeah. I noticed that too. With the pandemic, I think the Big Break guys got overwhelmed by a lot of entries, including mine. I don't mind venting, but the circumstances are there.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

The Covid circumstances are the same for other contests too, something else must have gone wrong over there.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwriter View Post
        The Covid circumstances are the same for other contests too, something else must have gone wrong over there.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The one thing Covid can't take away is the ability to read. As you said something is wrong. On technical side or they didn't hire enough readers. This is the 3rd contest I've entered. No issues with other 2 in hitting their deadline despite increased workload. I emailed them to ask and the response was they have no idea if they will even announce anything this month.

Comment

Originally posted by purplenurple View Post

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The one thing Covid can't take away is the ability to read. As you said something is wrong. On technical side or they didn't hire enough readers. This is the 3rd contest I've entered. No issues with other 2 in hitting their deadline despite increased workload. I emailed them to ask and the response was they have no idea if they will even announce anything this month.
          Maybe next step is they can start announcing refunds. 😏

Comment

In the Quarters - which is the bare minimum I expect from any competition.

The confirmation email said the QF represents the top 3%, which seems a lot more exclusive than I expected. No idea how many are left in the running, though.

Comment

Working...
            X