Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact x Imagine Basketball Comedy

Imagine seeking applications to write the Family PG-13 basketball movie with their logline.

Logline: When an NBA legend enrolls his superstar son at a local STEM academy, the washed-up basketball coach must team up with an enthusiastic math teacher to implement an unusual coaching system capable of transforming a bunch of brainy misfits into a contender.

This movie is a fresh take on a timeless underdog story that will explore competitiveness and compromise, while poking fun at different coaching and parenting philosophies. It’s a comedy about friendship, challenging the status quo, and the power of daring to dream the improbable.

We want to combine the odd couple fun of School of Rock with the out-of-the-box sports strategizing of Moneyball. Other comps are: The Bad News Bears, The Sandlot, Hoosiers, and Easy A (for its clever but still grounded comedy).

More information about the film will be included in the application.

Impact x Imagine: PG-13 Basketball Comedy FAQ — Impact (impactcreativesystems.com)

How do I apply?

Applications are open now until March 7th at 11:59pm PT at apply.impact.net.

Now this is my wheelhouse. But still too lazy to click on link.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Now this is my wheelhouse. But still too lazy to click on link.
      I literally thought of you when I posted this. I KNOW this is your wheelhouse. They LIKE writers with reps. You should give it a go.

Comment

Working...
      X