No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck to all. But F all contests who hold any power over our creative little heads.... Keep writing.

Comment

Just saw that Austen’s deadline is May 21st. May as well enter that one too. Why lose once when you can lose twice?

Comment

Still time NOT to enter and be a winner of saving money!!!

Comment

If you knew the money I blew in my life and what I blew it on then you'd say $140 for two contests was the best money I ever spent.

Comment

Finished the last revision this morning. Sucks cause I came up with a great high concept angle for the story but that would mean doing another page 1 rewrite with this angle in mind from the start, lots of script details would change and the script logic would have to change. I just don't have time given the deadline is Monday. It is what it is. If I get notified of the QF in July/August then I'll do the rewrite cause I know I'll be able to get the script into the hands of managers and readers for agencies. One last proofread this weekend and then off it goes. It's gonna be like a piano lifted off my back. There was a time in the middle of ACT 2 where I thought I'd never make it to the end.

I'd like to Thank Zazuvr and Tigerfang for the reads and the notes. Much appreciated. You helped raise the level of the script.

Comment

You're welcome, Cyfress! I hope your script kicks butt in the contest(s)!
                Save the date: 2022, 2024, 2026, until the end of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAZluvr View Post
                  You're welcome, Cyfress! I hope your script kicks butt in the contest(s)!
                  If he fails, sounds like it's your fault ZAZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

If he fails, sounds like it's your fault ZAZ.
                    What's that line from Billy Joel's "Goodnight Saigon?"

"And we would all go down together."
                    Save the date: 2022, 2024, 2026, until the end of time.

Comment

You need somebody to blame cause it sure is not gonna be my fault!

Comment

And she is off. Who else is in? Let me see a show of hands.

Comment

I've had a bunch of stuff in the top 10-15% before, but decided not to rehash any of those failures this year. I know what the ceiling is on that stuff.

In with 3 completely new things.

#1 - Thing I worked on from January-March. Been receiving mediocre reviews, so I'm not super optimistic, but it did snag a 7 on one of its two Black List reviews, which usually equates to decent Nicholl performance. Probably dead in the water unless I roll the perfect set of readers, but you never know.

#2 - Thing I worked on from March-April. This one came to me a lot faster than #1 and has been getting better feedback so far. "Recommend" in the 98th percentile from a WeScreenplay reader, not that it means anything. Waiting for BL scores, which have been dragging. This is probably my best horse this year and one of the better things I've done.

#3 - Wild card thing that I threw together near the deadline. Was working on this last summer, got stuck on the act two endpoint, and ditched it. Came back recently and blasted out 25 pages in about 24 hours to get a draft done. I will laugh my ass off if it advances because it was thrown together so quickly. I actually really like the first 50-60 pages. It may just be a question of whether or not the end will work at all.

Looking forward to my three "We're sorry, but your piece of crap script did not advance" e-mails in late July. Until then, it's a fun little sweat to think about.

Good luck to all DDers who entered.

Comment

Wow. You must have put a lot of hours in from Jan - May. To conceptualize, outline and write three scripts in 5 months. Man, if I ever need something written in a few days I know where to go. What are the genres of 1, 2, and 3?

Comment

Good luck to all. Quality over quantity is the goal. 1 good spec can make a career.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyfress View Post
                                Wow. You must have put a lot of hours in from Jan - May. To conceptualize, outline and write three scripts in 5 months. Man, if I ever need something written in a few days I know where to go. What are the genres of 1, 2, and 3?
                                Drama, action/adventure, and comedy. They all have elements of action though. That's my main genre and the thing that I objectively seem best at (my action scripts usually get better feedback than my other stuff). I'm trying to focus on that area going forward instead of dabbling in different genres. Keep in mind that I had put a lot of time into #3 last summer. I had already written 60+ pages and a full outline, so really a lot of the real legwork on that one was done a long time ago.

Usually takes me about 6-8 weeks from the time of finishing an outline to have some kind of functional draft. I think that's a relatively normal time frame, but I don't know for sure.

Now that the deadlines are over, I'll probably slow down a bit and have a calmer pace with the next project.

Comment

Working...
                                X