Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Sceenwriting Contest

The Script Lab has a free screenwriting contest. I am not a shill or advocating for it, just letting folks know.

Oooh I see it, down near the bottom of the front page, listed as "TSL Free Screenplay Contest"

Also visible when you click on Writing Competitions from the top menu.

Entry is indeed free, if you want feedback though you gotta pay.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
      Oooh I see it, down near the bottom of the front page, listed as "TSL Free Screenplay Contest"

Also visible when you click on Writing Competitions from the top menu.

Entry is indeed free, if you want feedback though you gotta pay.
      Looks like a good model -- enough people will be the $70+ reader feedback that they'll pay for the people who do the free entry only. For someone really broke this is a good opportunity.

Comment

I was wondering why they'd spend the man power to do this -- but this is a reasonable method for a free contest -- they're already weeding scripts out at the outset.

"...First impressions are important: For this free competition, all scripts will receive an initial first impression read, consisting of just the first few pages of each script. Your first few pages are especially important because many readers at studios and agencies often make a snap decision about a script based on the first few pages. Please enter your full screenplay, because the screenplays that advance to subsequent rounds will receive full evaluations from our judges."

Comment

My free contest is getting feedback from friends and querying reps. You can do it too!!

Comment

My thriller took 3rd in this one a couple years ago. Nothing came of it though. Still, it's free, so why not enter?
            FADE IN:
            PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
            NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jai Brandon View Post
              My thriller took 3rd in this one a couple years ago. Nothing came of it though. Still, it's free, so why not enter?
              Because it lead to nothing is a good reason to me to not enter a contest that if you finish 3rd or last, same result...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Because it lead to nothing is a good reason to me to not enter a contest that if you finish 3rd or last, same result...
                But... it’s free!! ?
                FADE IN:
                PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Jai Brandon View Post

But... it’s free!! ?
                  Just like the free coffee you get at the hotel... wait you paid for the room! It’s not really free!!

Comment

Working...
                  X