PAGE Awards - Outcomes for Winners (Grand Pize and Gold/Silver/Bronze Prizes)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAGE Awards - Outcomes for Winners (Grand Pize and Gold/Silver/Bronze Prizes)

Hi guys; hope all is well. I'm currently a finalist in this year's PAGE Awards. I know that PAGE engages in various promotional activities for winners after they're announced (press release, Roadmap promotion, etc.).

I just have a question for past winners (grand prize and gold/silver/bronze prizes). After PAGE did its promotion, were you contacted directly by many industry people (managers/agents producers)? If so, was it mostly in the week after the announcement, and then communication died down afterwards?

Did you feel that you got a greater benefit from querying about your winner placement than from promotion from the contest itself?

Just trying to get a sense of what to expect and how I should proceed should I manage to win.
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Whatever promotion the contest does for finalists and winners, I'd consider that gravy while I queried a hundred or more managers with PAGE finalist in the subject of the email.

If you win, query anyone who didn't request it again.

Not saying this is the case with you, UpandComing, but a lot of writers who win or almost win one of the big contests seem to think that the organizers will do all the legwork for them, when that is rarely the case. But a notable placement will improve your rate of return when querying IF you have a commercial concept and a strong logline, and that is what makes a select few comps worth the price of the lottery ticket.

Comment

Great advice, NoNeckJoe. Thanks!
      "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Working...
      X