Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find a writing group

Basically, I don't know that many writers who are currently writing stuff that would like to get feedback on a weekly/every-other-weekly basis. AND I WANT TO. Networking, you know.

I sent emails out to friends, but again, I don't know that many other writers.

Anybody know any groups that have started and are looking for members OR are looking to start a group? If so, could you pass on the request?

Thanks!

Re: Need to find a writing group

Jane,

I regularly see screenwriting groups, or people looking for members for new groups, on www.craigslist.com. Just go to that site, click on "Los Angeles" (from list on right-hand side of the page), scroll down to "gigs", and click on "writing."

Also, on the upper left of the Los Angeles home page, there is a category called "community." Under that is a listing for "groups." Click on that and check out what's available.

Comment

I've been in the AWG (www.alamedawritersgroup.org) for 4 years now. They're pretty good - each Monday there's a 10pg sig, every other tuesday is a full script sig; a zoom-out story sig & also monthly meetings. Take a look at their website.

There's also a screenwriting group in Santa Monica that I've heard is great but the name/contact info is slipping me ... I'll post if if I can find it!

Comment

I stopped doing writing groups because I found that they taper off. What I try to do is form relationships with other writers who are slightly better than me and do script exchanges. I find that to be more helpful.

I think there are plenty of DDers with whom you can do exchanges.

Comment

What I try to do is form relationships with other writers who are [much] better than me and do script exchanges.
          Anytime you need another read, bro, lemme know.

-- TonyRob

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Comment

I would form writing groups with writers who are much better than me but John August, Ed Solomon, and John Logan won't open the scripts I send them.

Sigh.

Comment

Scroll up, in case you missed my edit (i.e, if you don't know who Rex V. is).

Also, lol.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Comment

Working...
              X