Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Five Best Contests?

Can someone, with some knowledge about this, list the top five best screenwriting contests? I know Nicholls is in there. I know Disney is in there. I'm just not sure what the other three would be. I remember Chesterfield use to be big, but they no longer operate. So now I'm curious what people would list as the next three best contests to spend money on.

If people disagree, or would like to add to the list, go ahead. I want to see if everyone agrees on the same contests, or if there are differences of opinion.

Thanks

Re: Top Five Best Contests?

1. Nicholl
    2. Disney
    3. Austin
    4. Sundance (lab)
    5. ?

Comment

Austin? I never heard of them. Are they really a good contest?

Comment

They do a great job promoting their winners and semi-finalists, and top management companies scout and request the top scripts. In my opinion, a great contest for the writer looking to make inroads. And they actually seem to reward commercial scripts, while some other contests seem to only be looking for more serious oriented fare.

Comment

Not to mention that all the finalists for the Austin Film Festival get a free trip to the fest, including lodging and airfare, an all-access pass to the films and parties, and are privy to special discussion groups and roundtables. Plus five thousand bucks and a 500-pound bronze typewriter ain't bad.

In my experience, definitely a worthwhile event to attend and a worthy contest to support.

Comment

Working...
          X