Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCLA Online Extension Classes

Seem really great with some instructors that have actual writing credits. $500 a course and I'm really considering trying one.

http://www.uclaextension.edu/ (go to fields of study on left, then writer's program and follow the links to the sw courses)

Anyone have experience with this program or heard reviews on it?
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Re: UCLA Online Extension Classes

I highly recommend UCLA's professional program in screenwriting. It's a year-long program modelled after their MFA. It's available online, too.

http://www.filmprograms.ucla.edu/online.htm

Comment

I took the program, not the online one, but the classroom one and it was very good.

I happen to know that a guy who did take the online one from the year before me sold a screenplay to the people who produced Forrest Gump.

They have a contest at the end of the year and the top 10 winners get published in the trades and if the scripts are good they get slipped to managers.

A girl in my class got a manager and sold a pitch.

Comment

UCLA is a great resource, no question about it. Great teachers, a great campus, and they know from entertainment writing. Online is online, it's a little different but I took an online screenwriting class and liked it so much I started coming down to LA to take weekend courses (before I moved here). I took an online short story class thru UCLA and got the resulting short fiction published in a literary journal.

The yearly Writers Studio is really cool too. I've done that twice. It's every February, a week-long intensive, all day every day with great guest speakers. I think it's each spring (or fall?) they have a writing program open house and you can go for the afternoon and take these mini-20 minute classes which are basically previews and it's really fun. Took a comedy "mini class" that way from Steve Mazur and it was a blast. And you can't beat it because it's free!

Julie Gray

Comment

I just applied to the advanced screenwriting course there myself. I had to submit a script. Looks like an awesome course. I think it's ten weeks long. If memory serves it's going to cost me about 500 bucks.

See you there

Comment

Working...
          X