No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sundance Lab

Originally posted by writer0825
    Good luck to all you guys and gals!!! I entered last year, didn't get anywhere but missed the deadline this year. I've heard others say that it took 2-3 entries/years before they even placed. Any of you that have placeed, do you guys/gals find that true for you?
    I think I had entered one previous time. I took an audacious/creative approach to the letter explaining my vision and I think I wrote a nice little piece.

I also had just completed a feature as a producer and had some of the key crew say "I am willing to work on this too"--not so much creating a marketable package, but rather giving some credibility to the project: this guy is in the trenches doing it.

The same script won Platinum at Houston Worldfest but didn't even advance in a few other contests. There are so many factors involved.

Peace,
    Jim Mercurio

Comment

Originally posted by writer0825
      Good luck to all you guys and gals!!! I entered last year, didn't get anywhere but missed the deadline this year. I've heard others say that it took 2-3 entries/years before they even placed. Any of you that have placeed, do you guys/gals find that true for you?
      Had I entered some of my older works in the past, I'm sure I'd have a dink or two on my belt, but this is my first crack at Sundance. As for Nicholl, Disney, however... well let's just say I'm about to run out of space on that belt.

But this script that placed (which was finished in early '06 and has already garnered more contacts and headway than any previous work) is in its first run in the big three and so far, I'm one for one.

Then again, those that made it to the "next round" in Sundance AND those that got dinked shouldn't get too giddy/disappointed, cause after all, they haven't read the whole script yet.
      "U don' know me, muddafugga..."
      - Al Pacino, Carlito's Way

Comment

Anyone awesome enough to admit to a reject?
        I still have heard nothing and figure that is bad thing. A very bad thing...

Comment

I am guessing that I didn't advance. So yeah, I fess up to that.

My only hope is the closed submission process. Hopefully, someone associated with the lab will read my script and recommend it to their committee. Or... next year. Or... AHHHHHHH

I didn't advance!

Comment

haven't heard yet either way
            If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Comment

nadda here...

toakel

Comment

got my official turn-down today. oh well. onward. congrats to those who advanced.
                If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Comment

If anyone wants to know what a Sundance rejection letter looks like, visit my blog!!!

Comment

Hey ham, sorry 'bout that, but that's great about all the other positive things that have/are happening with it!!! I received that same kinda letter last year when I didn't make the cut in Sundance. Didn't make the deadline this year so didn't even submit. Bummed today cause didn't make the cut in Scriptapalooza's film contest. Oh well, onward and upward....at least that's what I'm gonna keep saying all day. I'll just keep positive vibes about the two scripts I have out to prod cos.

Place/win in a contest. Don't place/win in the next one. Place/win in the next one. Miss out the next two....It's a crazy, pull your hair out kinda business we're in.

BTW, what color do you want the nano???
                    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

They must be staggering their e-mail distribution, because I still haven't heard either way. Checked the inbox and spam/bulk folders and nada.

Comment

Congratulations, Jim!! Hail to the Victors!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante
                          Congratulations, Jim!! Hail to the Victors!!!
                          Go Blue!

Comment

Working...
                          X