Anyone going to the Hollywood Pitch Festival, Aug. 5th & 6th?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the Hollywood Pitch Festival, Aug. 5th & 6th?

Hi there!

I'm just wondering who might be attending the Hollywood Pitch Festival in LA on August 5th and 6th. I've heard really great things about it - it's been around the longest and you get endless pitch meetings with top execs - but I'd love to know more!

Thanks!

L.

Re: Anyone going to the Hollywood Pitch Festival, Aug. 5th & 6th?

I'm probably going to go. I attended the "Fade In" Pitch Festival in May this year, and it was quite well organized (although like I had nothing to compare it to, it was my first)

I had five script request, but of that five, two companies never gave me contact information for where to send it (they were supposed to call me and provide me a specific name).

Anyway, I still thought it was a good experience because I still have relationships with a couple of the companies I pitched to.

MJ

Originally posted by Film Guy
    Hi there!

I'm just wondering who might be attending the Hollywood Pitch Festival in LA on August 5th and 6th. I've heard really great things about it - it's been around the longest and you get endless pitch meetings with top execs - but I'd love to know more!

Thanks!

L.

Comment

I'm going in August too! I also went to the May pitchfest. I had 6 request for reads. It's a great experience and it's very important for screenwriters to hone their pitching skills -- plus get a few reads along the way.

See you there!

Comment

I will be there too.
        ~Well behaved women seldom make history~

~My first pitch~ I felt like I had a mouth full of marbles and every synapse in my brain was firing at once - Dreadful.~

Comment

Dear MJ,

For the companies that didn't call you back, call them! Say you spoke with their rep at the event, they were interested in the script and where should you send it.

I did this and got an extra read out of it when one company told me to send them the script via a .pdf file.

Comment

Working...
          X